or Connect

Posts by lemonapple

ds is 18 months, so I'll pass along anything I can remember about that time period :-) Eating: We introduced solids around 6 months...mostly because ds was already grabbing everything off our plates and literally salivating while I would fix dinner! We did baby-led solids...basically just put everything we were eating during that meal on his plate and let him fend for himself. So, by 12 months, he was eating a square 3 meals a day plus 1-2 snacks a day of whatever my...
I just left my nursing 18 month old for an overnight trip with my husband. We had family in town and took advantage of it for a nearly 24 hour "adult vacation". It was the first time we'd been apart so long, and I was so worried, but ds did wonderfully and even convinced his grandmother to cook him an egg at 4am! Our babies always manage just fine without us...just make sure you know how to hand express or bring a pump!!! I had no idea we were nursing so much...my poor...
YES! My now 17 month old was potty trained at 15 months. We haven't used diapers in two months...in fact, they're completely boxed away, and I've dealt with maybe 4 accidents total over the past two months. I'd check out the EC forum for help, but yes it's definitely possible!
Is there a time period of night where the littlest one will go down easily for a long while? Could you just extend your 2 year olds bedtime until after he is down...maybe even on the couch or some different location than the bed you all will share (just for a few hours!) so that you and your 2 year old could lay in bed together and read or something until she's down? I only have one child, but at 18 months, we still have ridiculous trouble with nap times and bedtimes,...
For us, going naked never really worked except to get my husband and I better at timing ds...ds still peed or pooped! on the floor with occasional communication before the fact. Around 15 months, I bought 6 pairs of 2T toddler underwear...just the normal kind...no soaking up ability!...and kept him in them whenever we were home. I swear it took 2-3 misses before ds "got it" and began communicating 'pot pot' (for potty) BEFORE he needed to go...or sat himself on the...
Congrats! we took the final plunge around 15 months and the diapers have been packed away with no accidents for over a month now. I can't believe what a difference it makes to not have to wash diapers!!!
[QUOTE=ann_of_loxley;15484264]I really like this article - it explains a lot and has some great advice/info too! I perfer to wear my baby. And that is really where they should be for many many reasons! I completely agree with this...ds was exclusively worn until I broke down around a year and bought a cheap umbrella stroller. We were living in Puerto Rico where it is HOT constantly and wearing a wiggly 12-14 month old with no car and a mile walk to the grocery...
We missed it today! We had a long night last night...Kaius has decided midnight is the new bedtime, so we woke too late. Maybe we can try again soon?
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegan Princess 9:30 or 10 sounds good to me. How shall we find each other? I'm 5'4" with straight dark hair a few inches past my shoulders. My little girl is 15 months with brown curly hair and a bandaged up hand. The meetup group is pretty inactive. They have get togethers every now and then. I do believe they were looking for people to take on the role of planning additional actvities - perhaps you'd be interested? I've...