or Connect

Posts by Lilypie32

IMO, smoking around kids should be illegal. It's totally irresponsible to cause your children to have health issues that could be avoided because you (general) choose to smoke. Even if my ex wanted to see my son, it would have to be in the court orders that he not smoke in the house or car, etc., when my son is with him. Go ahead and kill yourself with smoking but don't make the child suffer because of your addiction. I would never even live with someone who had the...
I think you should look for another job if you are unhappy with what you do or your employer. Would talking to your boss help do you think? I think that would be where I personally would start (especially in this job market).   That being said, I know how you feel. I dreamt of this perfect child for so long only to have that dream ripped away. My best friend has 2 perfectly beautiful normal children and while I love my son, I still grieve the loss of what could have...
My child has severe issues with people cutting his hair. He has sensory issues and his head/face/hair are the most sensitive. He says it actually hurts to cut his hair. I've tried everything to make it more pleasant but with time (we consistently go no matter what every 8 weeks) and the right person, he is finally a bit better. The woman we go to has a grandson with autism so she totally gets it. She lets my child touch and hold all the supplies and she explains...
Move now while you are pregnant. Wherever you live once the baby is born will be your residence state. If Dad wants to be a part of the child's life then he will need to find a way to do so. Family is important and your family will be your support system. A judge will not fault you for moving back to where your family lives if you need financial and mental support. If you are afraid of this man or he is abusive, simply refrain from giving him your info on where you are...
I'd take her to a place there is internet and apply for medical assistance through her state's website. The baby needs to be seen. If she takes him to the hospital then Medicaid will pay the bills if she qualifies financially. Please help her.
My son started full day autism prek when he was 3. Seeing my baby get on a school bus and go to school was heartbreaking for me. I cried and felt awful about it. In the end, it has done wonders!! I could not be more pleased with his development in a self-contained classroom. His school also combines sped and gen ed for recess, lunch, etc. He has done so well in school. He started kindergarten last week and is in an autism kindergarten, 2nd, and 3rd grade class. So far, so...
Guilt is a terrible feeling isn't it? I too feel the guilt. I let his pediatrician vaccinate him with 6 vaccines at once while he was ill and it all went downhill from there. I know what caused his autism and it isn't genetics. But, guilt won't fix it. It only hurts us in the end. It is best to try and get past the guilt. We can't change it now. It is time for acceptance and acceptance is hard. I have finally decided to try a medication for my son because we are both...
I used this publication to negotiate safe and appropriate bus transportation for my son when he was in a special needs prek program at a public school. It's very informative so please bookmark the link, print it out and highlight what you find important and call an IEP meeting, and pass the link on to others that may need it! http://www.ped.state.nm.us/SEB/technical/transguide.pdf Don't forget to check out your state's statutes and your county school district's...
I guess we are in the same boat. My son has very aggressive outbursts and hits, tries to choke, pulls hair, pinches, screams, slams his bedroom door over and over again, teases the cats, etc. He would take a knife (before I locked them up) and cut things like my computer wires, fan cords, etc. He is out of control quite often. The worst times are when he is tired/stressed, transitioning from say school to home, etc. He does have autism (he is verbal but delayed), sensory...
I'd just stick to the weekends he is supposed to have them. If he wants a makeup he can do it when it is convenient for you. Good for DD for standing up to him. Your DD deserves your presence at this point in her life, especially if she stated what she wanted and it was her decision. Stand by your DD Mama!