or Connect

Posts by Soundhunter

just off chance, her name isn't betty by any chance is it? I know a child psychologist on another board who sounds like this.
I grew up with a lot of abuse, physically and severe emotional abuse. It was kindness from a few outsiders who cared that I think back of with tears, gratitude that my entire childhood wasn't complete hell. Just remain her unconditional allie, stand up for her with her family and let her know that you do, love her as you do, spend as much time with her as you can. I'm going to just share my opinion here, you can't save her. If she's looking for love from boys, I...
I think that you should move, but not because the other mom is wrong. I've been on her end before, feeling very sensitive about a more aggressive child being rough with my daughter, it was uncomfortable and unfortunately her mother's and my friendship didn't do so well through it. If it was a two way thing I don't think it would've bugged me, but my daughter is usually physically unaggressive, and had I left them to fend for themselves she would've become aggressive in...
wow, brilliantly written!!!
Also, our 2 are 3 years apart, and this past year has been one of the hardest times of my life with regards to confronting my own anger and temper issues, because Emma was extremely challenging behavior wise. We've gotten through this time, Sara will be one in a month and a half and it is getting better, though there are still many challenging days. I think what you're going through is very common and very normal, even if there wasn't a new sibling in the picture many...
There's a number of very AP friendly therapists who do phone counselling, Naomi Aldort and Jan hunt are two, google them for contact info if you feel you need the support ASAP.
Deva, I'm so where you are. I'm not planning on going comletely CL, though I have been focusing on an increasingly consensual household, but when it comes down to it neither DH nor I see it as wrong for us to be the ultimate authorities as parents, but we both agree that it is ideal for us to live and learn in freedom for the most part. That being said, these have been challenging days for me, it seems that my 3.5 yr old DD is experimenting with what it takes to bother...
Looks very intriguing!
Quote: Originally Posted by mammal_mama According to Alfie Kohn, the least harmful praise is probably the kind that's offered for everything to the point where it's meaningless. That And the fact that she rarely sees her grandchild...I'd leave it be, unless it comes up naturally in conversation and then you could explain why you personally dont practise praise, without criticizing her. If they otherwise have a great relationship and it's not...
A recurring theme around here, and everywhere where parents are are conversations about parents losing it on their kids and regretting it after. I know some of you never yell at your kids and that's great, but for those of us who struggle with this common behavior, what do you do for damage control once you've calmed down and recognized that you've messed up again? John Gottman had an article in a parenting mag I read, which I can't find online, about parents fighting...