or Connect

Posts by Soundhunter

Quote: Originally Posted by mike I have interest in this because my mother, and her mother/my grandmother, suffered from some form of narcissistic personality disorder, and narcissistic mothering was a big part of my extremely dysfunctional childhood Narcissism: Love of or sexual desire for one's own body. How is that a parenting style??!!! Mike, do some reading so that you can know what you're talking about.
Yeah Georgia, our almost 8 month old daughter is very close to crawling, and I know as soon as she's mobile all she's going to want to do is follow Emma around, which is going to piss Emma off indeed. We're getting a playpen for Emma to use...and going to do our best to remember that they will play together once Sara is capable of it, approximately at 2 yrs of age. But. I'm dreading Sara's mobility because I know Emma's going to be pretty nasty to Sara, and that Sara's...
the hard part of ending the relationship is that if custody is shared, he'll have his own way with discipline, with no mom around to mediate, which could make things worse for the kids? Perhaps a temporary separation with famil counselling being the goal is doable? What a sad situation
This shrink has an interest in children of narcissistic parents, has written some excellent articles on the subject including how to prevent narcissistic disorders in our children, and it has nothing to do with being authoriatarian, but everything to do with allowing our children to have their own voice, something that GD naturally does. Thanks Swampy...being parented by a narcissist is deeply damaging, thankfully, my mother passed me around te family quite a bit and...
I don't understand this post, is there supposed to be a link with permissive parenting to narcissism? Is there a missing link in this post or something? I have interest in this because my mother, and her mother/my grandmother, suffered from some form of narcissistic personality disorder, and narcissistic mothering was a big part of my extremely dysfunctional childhood, so before embarking in this thread I would like to see this link you're talking about. Where are you...
'nother fan of having a space for the really little ones, separate from the "school age" kids. Littler ones fall more, wobble more, get shoved out of the way more, need their caregiver's more, there is a difference that is age specific, unless we get into disabled older kids. I took Emma to the toddler zones at various places when we spent a winter in an apartement, and I frequently complained when older kids took it over, because it ruined the experience for the littler...
I've been pondering the radical unschooling thing, though it would be a "leaning" for us, because we don't strive to be absolutely consensual, but increasingly consensual, yes. Anyways, I'm comfortable with labeling our intentions as being radical unschoolish, though we're not as radical as many other RU's, but within it somewhere, is what we've been experimenting with lately. Not that this matters, but I say it because I'm confident with what we are, and am not too...
Hope the 2 weeks flies by, because the fun outweighs much of the irritation! It's so hard to know what to do when people cause harm with good intentions
You can do this - as in change, heal your rage. I'm a work in progress, but it is getting better for me, I read a lot about this stuff, am now venturing into audio parenting stuff as well as mindful living cd's and recognize this as my opportunity to grow into a better person, with my children as my teachers. Forgive yourself, vow to do better, and commit yourself to it.
When I go through the parenting books for sale on ebay, the ezzo/pearl/tripp books often have the most bids, saddly enough :