or Connect

Posts by Soundhunter

I've just started letting my DD self regulate, she is watching more than I'd like her to, but she does other things while shes watching, and we've been in the house a lot with winter and colds. It's only been about a week and a half of this, still seeing what happens. She watches much less when I spend time playing with her, so when the amount she's watching bothers me, the current remedy is to get her interested in doing something fun.
Well, this is where the Anthony Wolf approach comes in you " it's really hard for me to bend over and would you please come pick it up" DD doesn't. you pick it up and say, calmly, something like "I'm not happy that I am picking this up after I've asked you to do it, next time, I expect you to help me when I ask for help" The end. You've let her know she's disappointed you without too much melodrama, and let her know what you expect her to do next time....
I got so impatient with my poor Emma in the end of the pregnancy, and for the first few months after birth, I'm doing better and better, with longer spreads of days without being a jerk. If I could've gotten help, that would've been a big help, but Emma really doesn't want to separate from me so it's always made it hard for me to take the time I need. If you are able to take time for yourself to rest up and nurture yourself, that might help you out, I'm not one to blame my...
scuba had some very useful and practical advice, nicely posted. I just wanted to offer a ...you guys will be ok, he'll be ok, but everyone will certainly be better if you can do what you can to not let this happen again. It's just not necessary, there is always another way, whenever I've screwed up in anger I alsways see so many other ways I could've handled things better, when looking back in retrospect. But you'll both be ok, forgive yourself, and grow.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cherie2 Personally I think it was a good conversation, and good to let it go at that. It is possible that he heard some of what you said. I find that even though people defend their own point in a conversation and don't acknowledge any truth in what you are saying (especially men) that they do hear things. They just don't tell you about it .... I would feel happy that you were able to share some ideas with him that he has...
That would be frustrating. When I was pregnant and very very tired i passed out, leaving my then-almost-3-yr-old to her own devices, which sometimes meant finger painting with vaseline and diaper cream around the house : But, I did realize that it was my fault in a sense, for falling asleep. I hope she had fun, but I let her know that it was not the right thing to do and she understood and hasn't done anything like that for months. My 3 yr old wouldn't be ready for a...
What a stressful time (((hugs))) I was on bedrest for a few days a few times during this last pregnancy, and Emma spun out of control. I found myself to be extremely impatient with her in the last two months of my pregnancy, and in the first three months after the baby was born, I still have some bad days but it is getting better. I don't think discipline books can help so much here, if you're on bedrest their whole world is probably wacked, and if you're stressed...
Quote: Originally Posted by lauraess I think you have a lot of good responses so far already and i wanted to add only that im sure i've heard/read somewhere that teenagers biological clocks get wacky plus they need more sleep. things to take into consideration. Good luck. http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct01/sleepteen.html In addition to needing more sleep, adolescents experience a "phase shift" during puberty, falling asleep later at night...
Cool! It's a challenging journey for me, being the parent I want to be, but the challenge is inspiring me to evolve into a better person all around, so worthwhile! Best wishes to you and yoru family as you start the new year off with peace.
That sounds like a tough situation, feeling you need to worry about your mom. Is this living arrangment long term? BTW, thanks for recommending the feingold program in a previous thread, I've looked into it.