or Connect

Posts by Soundhunter

Your children will grow up knowing that you didn't take them for granted, and that you really, truly did the best you could. I come from a fairly severe abusive background, and fighting my own violent thoughts and impulses is what I personally struggle with. I'm really, really hard on myself, even though intellectually I know I'm doing a great job raising my daughters as lovingly as I can. I can hear this in you too, you are very hard on yourself. Learn to be kind to...
Mother Nurture I'm considering getting it, because I'm thinking that I really need to take better care of myself, if I want to be happier parenting. Apparently this book takes quite seriously something called "Depleted Mother's Syndrome" which sounds like me during these rougher parenting patches! Anyways, times are tight and I have really purchased too many new books lately, but the reviews on this look good. Have any of you read it? If so, does it recommend...
I wish I felt a bit more connected here, but I love this board, and it's been a great inspiration that has greatly influenced our lives at home, I'm no perfect GD'er, but my bar is set high and visiting this place helps me get closer and closer, well, most days. Holiday Blessings to all here
Emma's gone through phases where she was needy whenever I was trying to cook in the late afternoon, when that happens, for a few weeks I start doing what my mother inlaw has done ever since she had children, I cook and clean first thing in the morning when Emma seemed most capable of independent play. It's kind of nice to have dinner done in the morning, cause then you have a free day! It does suck if you're like me and take awhile to wake up in the morning. But for us, it...
Too funny!
Yeah, Emma tells me that she loves me, and hugs and kisses me daily!!! She is just so affectionate now, I love that about 3!
With dinner, Emma is often genuinely not hungry if she eats too many sweet thing or snacks between lunch and dinner. Is it possible seh really isn't hungry at dinner time due to filling snacks or sweet things? For bedtime, we had some major struggles when we brought the new baby home, so I stopped enforcing bedtime and let her go to sleep whenever she wanted, which ended up being later than I'd wanted, but she did go to bed when she was tired. This past week I've been...
My 3 yr old drives me bonkers, there have been some majorly challenging times. But things are getting better, and lately I've been really noticing how many things are GREAT about 3! From another post I wrote: " It's a challenging time for many parents, but thankfully 3 yr olds are also very funny, affectionate, inventive, imaginitive and brilliant little people too, so they're not quite as frightening as I once thought." Emma is so freaken' funny these days, she...
How often do you guys get together? One school of thought is that kids can understand that different people treat them differently, and that they can handle having different kinds of relationships with different people. I agree with this as long as serious shaming isn't happening, or physical violence of any kind. But if you guys spend a lot of time together, maybe it's different. Plus the SIL thing in the equation sounds crazy. But if you can't change your father, just...
3 yr olds are so over the top, larger than life sometimes, I was genuinely frightened of some of them when Emma was little. Now she's the 3 yr old, and while she's not particularly aggressive she is very bossy, hyper and loud. Her behavior likely seems horrifying to mothers (and fathers) of small infants and younger toddlers. 3 yr olds seem so big, so capable, so articulate, so much older compared to the little ones, but I think what the OP and another poster or two are...