or Connect

Posts by love2all

I would not allow meat in my home. My parents are coming to visit for 2 weeks- we will see how this goes! The other day I was babysitting for a friend and I had her kids eat their sandwiches on the deck- I cannot fathom the thought of someone eatting it in my house, on my table, YUCK.....
I have been wanting to start this- sounds like it really does work... My question is this- are you doing a ton of jumping around? My house is on stilts and is very shaky and unstable. Maybe this can be done in the yard witha dvd player?
Dr Stephen Weinrib in South asheville is a real good guy- I do not know him as a doctor but as a person he is healthy, eats well, is a kind man, does not judge my crazy hippy vegan family and lifestyle.. etc... I enjoy his company (our teenaged daughters carpool and play soccer together).. he also does good volunteer work and I appreciate that in a doctor/person.. giving when they can of their time and expertise...(endrochonoligist)
I am in- recently lost almost 10 lbs on a raw cleanse- I WILL NOT GAIN IT BACK.. still alomost 10 lbs to my ideal weight.. I work out really hard too.. sometimes I just do not lose the weight...
So day 16 and I have managed to stay 99% raw- I added slightly steamed asparagus to my salad last night.. roasted spicy pepper a few nights ago and warm miso soup on Saturday when I was not feeling well..... that is all, I did not anticipate being able to stay raw for this long!!! Guess I am going to try to finish the month mostly raw!! Cannot believe I do not miss flour products- bread, toast, muffins, pancakes, etc... no cravings for alcohol a bit for sugar in...
Update- day 11- I added plain beans in my salad 2x last weekend.... other than that ...still raw only!!! I tried roasted almonds and found that i like the raw ones better.. I would not have said that a month ago!!! STILL NO SUGAR!!!!! NO ALCOHOL NO FLOUR OR GRAINS!!! how you all doing??
I too have a degree in Education- last year I was turning 40 and kinda went into crisis mode- I had always been a sahm- 13 years!! So last year I decided I needed to go back to work- I was hired at the first school I applied to. This lasted only half a year. I HATED IT.. I hated not being there to get my kids from school- i missed driving kids from one practice to another and hearing the chit-chat about the day- i missed seeing everyone off in the mornings- i hated...
DAy three was the hardest for me- today is day 7 and the cravings are almost gone.. basically at 6:30 or 7 at night I start jonesing a bit of sugar- last night when it hit I had a LARA bar- 90% raw and only sweetened with dates- IT really did the trick!!! I find I am sleeping better, not waking with a sore throat or a bunch of mucus and I really really do have more energy despite my extrememly diminished calorie intake!!! I am re-programing my body!!! Feels good...
In the end i hope to simply eat a cleaner diet- WAY less flour products and less quick easy fixes!!!
I am only doing the first 10 days raw- then just no sugar, alcohol (which is HARD for me), flour or processed foods... sugar has been the hardest of all... how are you all doing??