or Connect

Posts by daisymommy

Also check into rules from your insurance company regarding if they will pay for your birth, if you travel more than 1 hour away from home past X number of weeks.  Many have a clause, where if you are past a certain number of weeks, and you travel over an hour from home, they won't pay for the birth.
We're having a GIRL !!!  Due May 28th.
Hi ladies, I'm not around here all that often, but pop in now and then to catch up.  I just saw the part about making this private, and wanted to make sure I wasn't left out of the registration process if it went that direction.  Please let us know what to do, if the group goes private.
Old Navy roll-top yoga pants (Aaaahhhhh! Bliss!  Great for postpartum too).   Motherhood Maternity Super-Stretch Secret Fit panel jeans.  Roll the top down low for now, and use all the way up when you're bigger.  I also wore these for a month postpartum.
I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find any good natural pregnancy books.  I already have -Having a Baby Naturally (nice for first time parents) -Dr. Sears Pregnancy Book (Loved it, but bored with it after 3 previous babies)   I want something that goes month by month through baby development in the womb, changes for the mother, things to expect and do, etc.  BUT on a more naturally minded level.   Everything I see on Amazon is mostly childbirth books,...
With every baby you have, you will "pop" sooner and sooner! This is my 4th, and by 6-7 weeks I could no longer button my fat-pants.  That's just crazy fast!  I used the rubberband trick, but by 8 weeks, that was it, everything was too much pressure on my belly and it made me feel sick. Now I'm wearing the Super Stretch jeans from Motherhood Maternity, with the Secret Fit belly panel.  Soooo comfy!  Same goes for my Old Navy roll-panel yoga pants, that I try to wear...
My OB tried pushing it on me, and I refused.  I told her I have never felt comfortable with the health and safety of dumping that much glucose into my body or my baby's body, but would go along with doing it in the 2nd trimester (as I have in the past)--but I would not submit to doing it twice.  She was miffed.  Oh well.  Just one more reason I'm leaving her for a naturally minded midwife next month!   Fwiw, she said it needed to be done because I just turned 36, and...
Here's our run down:   #1 Hospital Birth--I swore never again! #2 Birth Center--pretty good experience, but I still felt out of my comfort zone. #3 Home Birth--was supposed to be another B.C birth, but I felt baby was coming too fast, and my midwife said traffic was at a standstill, so we changed plans quickly to a home birth.  Seriously the best experience of my life!!!  I loved feeling so safe and secure in my own surroundings, no anxiety of fear whatsoever. ...
I would love to do both ideas!  Thanks for thinking of this!
Hello ladies!  I'm due May 28th, with baby #4!  It was a huge surprise to us, as we thought we were done with our 3, but sometimes God has other plans!  I'm just now getting over my shock and I will admit grief--I really didn't want to do this again, for so many reasons.  But I'm slowly starting to become at peace with the idea, and happy about the new little one.  I'm still scared out of my mind that I won't be able to handle 4 though!  I'll need to ask advice from the...