or Connect

Posts by MommaChaos

Hi Ladies I posted on the other 'we need a heart tribe' thread but didn't realize there actually is a heart thread!! I have two little boys with heart issues. The oldest is now 2 1/2 & had OHS @ 3mo to correct a vascular ring & a PDA. At 4mo he started passing out. ALthough we went thru all kinds of testing -got passed back and forth between pulmonary (who was sure it was breath holding) to neurology (who said he was fine) to Cardiology- who in the end put us on...
1. How often do you update your blog? It varies on how busy I am. I try to update a few times a week, sometimes more sometimes less. 2. How much time do you spend on each post? 20min- 35min.. depends on topic.. Wordless Wednesdays are probably 10min top getting pics uploaded ect! 3. Do you use ads? Yes. 4. Did you create your own header and if so, what program (or person) did you use? Nope- I wish I knew how! I'm always looking for new layouts. 5. Are you...
Hi there! I'm fairly new to the forum but thought I'd jump in here. I'm a foster parent (with adopted children & biological children) in Indiana & we've always been told here that the rules & regs are only for fosterkids but they cannot legally tell you where to put your own children. For example- boys/girls seperate rooms but if I wanted to let my own children of opposite sex share a room then they can't say anything about it. I'm not a co-sleeper but it would...
Abimommy-- My boys are both foster/adopt. So their drug exposure was of the illegal sort I might mention the genetic eval to their dr next time we go in. The only problem would be with them asking family history is that we virtually have none
Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy Have they order genetic testing for your children? No they haven't.. In my 2yo's case the drs believe that the drugs he was prenatally exposed to caused the heart defects. Most likely the same will be said of the newborn (biological brothers-same drug exposure).
Hi there =) I have two boys with heart issues. My now 2 1/2yo had surgery at 3mo to repair a vascular ring & a PDA. The next month he started passing out after alot of monitoring, various tests (all declaring him heart healthy) & almost a year on Atropine 3xday- he had a pacemaker put in at 19mo. His heart was *pausing* up to 7sec at a time with the fainting episodes. He's now doing very well! His pacemaker just kicks on whenever his heart rate falls below a certain...
My DS is 10 and now wears a size 10 Mens! Big feet! Same size as his dad.. My DD is 12 and now wears a size 8-8 1/2 Womens! Same size as me.. I'm thinking that they are both going to hit a growth spurt soon (they're the size height) and pass us both up! DH's brothers are both well over 6' even though he somehow got the short end of the stick and is 5'9
Hi guys New to the boards and I found this thread so I figured I'd jump right in! We have 5 kiddos currently ranging from 2mo- 12yrs (a mixture of biological, adopted from foster care & foster kiddos that we are planning to adopt). It's possible we'll be adding two more to the group (7mo & almost 5yo) -siblings to our adopted daughter! I've always wanted a big family, I used to say I was going to have 20kids.. lol! DH wanted 1 kid, oops! Can't wait to get to...