or Connect

Posts by Past_VNE

DD is 19 months old. We've EC'ed her part time from the very beginning and she totally gets the idea that the toilet (and the outside world) is for pottying. When in a diaper (cotton), she'll tug at it and clearly (nonverbally) say that she needs to go poo. We usually don't have poopy diapers at home anymore. (And rarely when out, because she prefers to poop at home.) However, I rarely know when she needs to pee. When out of a diaper, she'll get one of her little...
Hanna Andersson sells very nice tank and short sleeve undershirts. They serve DS through two winters. They're well worth the money. http://www.hannaandersson.com/style....|11|3|8|29|7|| Gap has short sleeve ones, too. They're not as incredibly long-wearing and "stain repellent" as the hanna ones, but they're nice. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=768728002 Hanes sells them. I wouldn't take them free, though. Seriously. That bad. Fit is terrible, they...
Check out http://www.shoeszoo.com for genuine soft soles, they sell up to age 5-6. softstarshoes.com is a FANTASTIC company and I swear by their things. They sell through adult. For rubber bottom soft soles, you have Pedipeds, See Kai Run, Bobux, etc.
Oh! If you do plastic (non-leather) shoes, Stride Rite does have a couple of REALLY flexible models in now. One is a hot pink mary jane, one is a brown girls' boot and a navy boys' shoe. They have the hungry caterpillar by Eric Carle on them and, as character shoes go, they're heads and tails better than most. I am actually considering the boots...but barely. $40 for pleather boots? Hmmm. http://www.zappos.com/eric-carle I've been listing all my SKRs for sale. ...
I've often wondered what colors DD will choose as she gets more of an opinion. I hope she steers clear, but who knows. Sorry your daughter went to the dark side, confustication. I love Stride Rites for their construction quality. They hold up SOO well, you're so right, Aufilia. But, only the smallest sizes are super flexible. Even their toddler lines are board stiff. DD does have a couple pairs of them that I picked up cheap and I use them only because she spends...
I have two pairs of Umis and have seen many others. That really don't seem flexible at all to me. ? DS has had Tsukihoshis. I love them! They're all sneakers though and we are usually more dressed up than that. Though, they're great for playtime!! Most of DD's shoes are boys', so it's funny you mention that, Biscuits and Gravy. But, I wish to find some feminine, stylish stuff. (totally drooling over the non-pink SKRs for this season!!!!)
I hear you. I LOVED the SKRs for DS, despite them scuffing so badly. And, their girl styles are gorgeous and so many non-pink, not cutesy choices. I dearly wish they fit her. I will check out the Robeez Tredz. I liked the Robeez with the VERY thin rubber sole, but it stops at size 5. Unfortunately, Robeez has that very cutesy look that I try to avoid. I've used Soft Stars in rain and snow. Our brown boots, with a good coat of leather cream and a coat of...
Okay, I have to start by admitting I'm for shoes. Kid shoes, adult shoes, whatever! But, I can't find stuff I LOVE for DD, a size 6. I have See Kai Runs, they're the cutest things around. But, they aren't durable enough and are too wide for DD. Pediped Originals are outgrown, Pediped Flex series, well, it doesn't. The grip and go series seems promising, but there are only a few styles. We have Soft Stars. But, I'm also looking for stylish stuff. I had...
Thank you, Jeri. I appreciate that. That makes sense. I think I'm going to start this one. Looks awesomely suited to my DS.
Quick question, how does it work with the book list? I don't understand how I do the course without all the accompanying books, yet I can't afford all those books (that PDF is 51 pages!!) My local library is no help. Their selection is so bad, I couldn't count on finding more than 3-5 of these books, total. In a curriculum like this, which seems really fun and useful, I am not understanding how I do it with a reasonable budget. HELP!!