or Connect

Posts by HotJabanero

Thanks for sharing your story. As humbling as it is sometimes hospital births are necessary as I also found out. Beautiful baby!!
Quote: Originally Posted by MI_Dawn I'm so sorry, mama. It's a loss, to be sure, of the birth you planned and wanted. HUGS to you. And I keep meaning to thank you for remembering William and Soren in your signature line. It means so much, and it makes my heart swell every time I see it. : Thank you for your support it means alot. William and Soren really hit home for me and I think of you all daily. My sis lost her 14 yo daughter last year...
Quote: Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon So those who had planned hospital births...was there anything you wish had been done different or didn't go as planned due to hospital issues... Things did not go as planned but was not due to the hospital staff in any way. My baby was in distress prior to labor and pooped and even worse sucked it into her lungs(which doesn't always happen) and so labor was too hard on her poor little heart. I was...
Kind of a late announcement as she was born April 25th @ 5:20 am. Things did not go as planned in fact I ended up with a necessary c-section. Recovery has been rough but I am feeling much better and very blessed to have a live baby out of the whole ordeal. Here is a short version I will update with a more detailed version soon. Friday the 24th I had an appointment and the midwife checked me I was 1 cm and directly after I started contracting every six minutes. This...
I believe phatchristy is right. However on the bright side a woman in my church with her second marriage had two beautiful bright sons, naturally with no help, in her late forty's and early fifty's so it is completely possible. Best of luck either way.
Sorry to keep bothering you all but I was wondering if those who have had there babies so far could update on how well their wishes were respected such as turning down routine procedures. If things went as expected or was maybe easier or harder, like with the pediatricians/docs/CNM's and nurses? I am feeling a bit nervous and am hoping for all of us that we have good experiences.
Quote: Originally Posted by fruitful womb I wonder if the duration of its present has anything to do with how quick or delayed the cord is cut. Home birth babies have their cords cut at least an hr after birth, when the cord stops pulsating. Unless you're doing a lotus birth, in that case you never cut the cord, they detach from the newborn even quicker. Hospital birth babies have their cord cut immidiately. Doctors fear delay cord clamping so they...
Quote: Originally Posted by BarefootScientist Yes, FAM works. If you are diligent in following the rules, the effectiveness can be about 98%. The problem is when you are NOT diligent in following the rules. That can bite you in the butt. Exactly this I find it very effective when we are really not ready for a baby but the minute I/dh get a little lazy..... I still plan to use it because really our pregnancies weren't surprises. I...
Depends are you charting, postpartum, nursing or had a recent miscarriage? When I am in full swing with my cycles after a baby, for me about 15mo pp, I would consider taking that risk. I almost always regulate back to O on day 13/14 *but* after a miscarriage conceived on day 9 of my cycle (we were trying and charting so I knew when I O'd) so now with that in the back of my head I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable taking that risk if I am absolutely not...
Quote: Originally Posted by heatherweh I started worrying about baby last night; this one will probably also have some ABO blood incompatibility leading to jaundice that just won't quit. Our pediatrician is going to work with us to see that baby comes home in a timely manner though by ordering the in-home bili blanket and whatnot instead of recommending hospitalization. i'm worried that since I'm at a different hospital now I might end up with some...