or Connect

Posts by PicklinQueen

Hi Mamas - haven't  been on Mothering in a long time. Thinking of TTC this summer: but am concerned due to having been diagnosed with Lyme's in May 2011 (infected in Nov 2010).  Been through three six week cycles of antibiotics, the last of which was incredibly tough on the system. (Anyone else ever take Tindamax? that stuff knowcked me out, even though I only took it 3 days a week, while also on clarythromyecin and augmentin.) some of the others I took include...
thanks for the feedback mamas: it really helps to have some advice and support on following one's own intuition. I wouldn't normally share our sleeping arrangements with my parents but unfortunately they are privy to them: we are living in their guest house until our new home is lead-free. This whole confrontation stemmed from me mentioning that I would move our king-size futon into the barn (guest house), in passing. My mom put her foot down: we are not allowed to move...
thanks mamas for your advice and perspectives. I wouldn't normally share our sleeping arrangements with my parents but unfortunately they are privy to them: we are living in their guest house until our new home is lead-free. This whole confrontation stemmed from me mentioning that I would move our king-size futon into the barn (guest house), in passing. My mom put her foot down: we are not allowed to move things around in her house. As we are too broke for rental...
Hi all, wasn't sure where to post this, maybe will crosspost in "life with a babe" My little guy is turning 1 tomorrow, and in his short lifespan has moved 5 times already, and we are about to move again. All within the same town, but still, lots of changes. We co-sleep in a kingsize futon , and he wakes up 4-5 times a night to nurse. Some nights are much more frequent waking, always to nurse. I'm getting alot of pressure from my parents to move him to a crib, as well...
Hi all, wasn't sure where to post this, maybe will crosspost in "the family bed" My little guy is turning 1 tomorrow, and in his short lifespan has moved 5 times already, and we are about to move again. All within the same town, but still, lots of changes. We co-sleep in a kingsize futon , and he wakes up 4-5 times a night to nurse. I'm getting alot of pressure from my parents to move him to a crib, as well as CIO. they are convinced that we wake the baby up at...
you eat baby poop by mistake. and then think to yourself, oh this doesnt taste so bad.
I wouldnt worry about it:as long as she CAN do it. Our babe is 7 months, CAN roll, but is just not intersted in moving in general. He now sits up, plays, reaches and lunges, but just doesnt care to roll. He will to nurse, or to grab a toy occasionally, but it's rare. I'm actually GLAD he doesnt seem all that interested in moving, as a WAHM enjoying the honeymoon between newborn and mobile!
I hope health issues are resolving for your families, those who have them. A sleep regression period for many mamas, hmm? In a very twisted way, that 's kind of comforting. So in an attempt to get the babe to sleep, we've added infant massage to the bedtime routine. So it goes, dinner, bath, massage, story, lullabye, and nursing. We started a week ago, and last night he actually only woke up 4 times, then slept till 9 am this morning. I can't recomend the massages...
hey mamas, havent been here in a gazillion years. SO nice to see you all here. Just wanted to check in, show some love, and catch up. Merlin's doing great, although taken to waking up every half hour on bad nights, and every 2 hours on good ones. so pretty knackered, what with that, an emergency black-mold driven move, working from home while caring for the little booger, etc. But so nice to know you're all out there.
hey mamas, sorry havent been on much, juggling newborn babe and a startup business have been keeping me hopping, but subbing and just wanting to all of you. and give a speedy update: Merlin is one of the humongo ones, filling in size 9-12 month clothing in length. he's ebf , latest developments are joy at having feet, making hawk shrieks and writhing around to scoot on his back. teething like mad, amber necklace does seem to make a difference. Some nights he sleeps...