or Connect

Posts by thebee321

I saw an interesting show Wednesday night on ABC, Primetime I think it was called. It was about parenting the defiant child. Link here: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/pare...ory?id=8549642 I thought a lot of it made good sense. It also addressed trying to break the cycle of abuse for parents who grew up in abusive homes. Maybe it won't be helpful, I don't know, I just thought of it when I read your post.
As others said, it's the egg whites that can be a problem. As I did with my first son, I am separating out the egg yolks and scrambling those up for DS2. I will probably let him have at the whole egg when he is over 12 months. I might try the hard-boiling thing. I hate hard-boiled eggs, so that never occurs to me!
With DS2, I think I left him with DH for about an hour 1 or 2 times when he was less than 2 weeks old. He slept a lot then, and I just nursed right before I left. It's actually harder to leave him now, because he fusses for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by BAU3 I thought that Schuyler was pretty cut-and-dry...but I've had alot of Shoo-ler. I guess you should just expect that some people will have a difficult time with names no matter what. Schuyler is one of those names that I *know* how to pronounce it, if I think about it, but it doesn't look at all to me like that is the way it should sound. So I have to remind myself how to say it when I see it spelled. Then I...
mrsdocmartin, I have a Quinn born on 6/11/07! How funny! I know someone with a baby about 5 weeks younger than my Quinn, and they give her hand a little slap if she's touching something she shouldn't. It makes me a little sad, because they do not have impulse control at this age, I do not believe. I don't want to do that, but as I thought about it more, I made the decision to redirect him more, instead of moving stuff - I am running out of places to move stuff to!
I feel you on this one! I was so worried about this. All I can say is, if my experience is common, just don't worry about it. At all. I can't even remember how I could have felt that I couldn't love them both and love them equally. It's hard to explain, but it just happens. You just feel twice as lucky as you used to!
Quote: Originally Posted by treqi I don't know either..... they know everything I have written in this thread, they smell the cigarette smell on our clothing, they have all sorts of babyproofing up yet still insist that I go see the ILs just as much as I see them .....well apparently because it isn't fair? Dh wants me to take her over a lot too but said that he won't take sides on this issue and whatever the outcome is he will be ok with.......
Yeah, the more information you give us, I'm not understanding at all why you would spend so much time with these people. I honestly don't know what I'd do if we had to frequent the home of people who smoke in their home - I guess I didn't realize people still did that! So they smoke around your child and aren't willing to make small changes to make the home safer? Have you talk to your DH about this"? Do those things not bother him? In an earlier response, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by l_olive And they often do that by not trusting their care to others who show themselves to be less than trustworthy. They forego things like chatting with others and running to the store alone in order to watch their children themselves. I agree with this. I have been to many social gatherings/events that I have not been able to enjoy the way I would have liked to because I had to watch my child very closely. ...
I just went through this yesteray with my son's 9 month appointment. What I've learned with both boys is that it's your child's arc on the chart that matters. Somebody has to be at the top, middle and bottom of the charts - that's how they got the percentiles. But with both of my boys I worry when they are on an arc, then that arc flattens out. honestly my older son's arc never really got better, he is just a slow grower. but he is growing (30 lbs, almost 5 years...