or Connect

Posts by PhotoJournMama

Wow, that is such a good idea! Thank you!     I just think that maybe it is a physical issue just because he has only ever once or twice said he needs to go to the bathroom. I am just at a loss, honestly, and thinking - if he still is so resistant, maybe it isn't just that he is difficult. We have tried lots of reminders and no reminders and neither seems to be working haha.   Thank you for sharing your experience! It is really helpful to know that I am not the only one...
edited to say - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much for responding!   sarahr - Bringing a potty with us to preschool might be a good idea! He is weird about how he goes potty too (of course, because everything has to be a PITA) - he stands up to pee at the big toilet and sits down to poop on the little potty. The toilets at his preschool are directly off the coat area where all the kids get changed before going into the classroom, so we would have to start right...
Hello,   My son will be four in February and we are still having so much trouble with potty learning. I haven't had much time to be on these forums, so I feel a bit guilty for posting and asking advice but I am at the end of my rope. He is a really great kid, he has his moments like every three-year-old, but this potty business is just getting ridiculous - and is seriously getting on my last nerve!   He never had an easy time with potty training. Until this...
I have this on hold at the library and am going to go pick it up today :)   Someone told me they liked it so I put it on hold, but I really don't know anything about it. I have a nearly 3yo whose birthday party I have to get ready for and a 4 week old so I don't think I will be able to keep pace with you haha. But I will try to have it handy for marathon nursing sessions!
EBF babies can go so long without pooping! As they get older and they digest and absorb bm better, they don't need to poop as often because there isn't as much waste. I remember DS would go over a week sometimes (I think 10 days was his longest stretch).
Finally updating :)   Baby Alexander was born on Jan 7, when I was 38w2d. VBAC hospital birth with midwives, natural and unmedicated! (It only took four hours start to finish, so I wouldn't have had time for meds if I wanted them haha)
My three year old DS has in the past several months started fighting his naps. He has always needed me to lie with him to take a nap, but with a 2 week old that can't always happen now, and even when I do he often will not go to sleep. I really don't know what to do. I need a break, I need to nap if I possibly can, and I need to be able to look after my newborn.   He is not even close to being ready to give up naps - without fail by 4pm he is running around...
SO sorry I didn't fill this out sooner! I am so bad at keeping up with these threads With my first pregnancy I was on the boards all the time... but now I have a 2.5 year old haha. Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it? I was born in Peterborough, Ontario Canada which is just a lovely area. I live in Mississauga now, which is part of the Greater Toronto Area and I like it most of the time. There is a lot to do and we are always busy, but we...
I love all the advice and answers I get on this forum I think I will use one of my DH's jackets for now, and if I need to move up check out the thrift stores again.
What are you doing about a winter coat? I've been to a lot of stores and the only maternity coats that would be suitable for Canadian winters have been $100 and over - not the kind of money I want to spend for something I will wear for three months and probably never again! Should I just get a huge coat from a second hand store and deal with it being waaaaaay too big everywhere but my tummy? I looked at two very large second hand stores near me but they didn't have any...