or Connect

Posts by intentionalmama

Quote: Originally Posted by ElliesMomma i have not read your previous post(s) but just one thought occured to me - is it *possible* that the cousins are in fact the offending parties, and that they "made up" the accusation against your son as a way of covering their tracks? just a thought... THis was my thought as well. My son is six and he has two older cousins who while I couldn't see them making the kinds of accusations your sons cousins...
[QUOTE=NellieKatz;13962390] Like, what is normal? How much playing with your kid is normal? (he asks for it constantly) and how much is too much (he thinks I'm his friend, so he doesn't do as I ask when I'm being parental. I was thinking about this. I have played a lot with my child. In fact, I was also playing a lot with him and his friends and it felt as if the friends were coming over to play with me. I guess I am a pretty good at hanging out with 5 year...
Hi there, I am not so hot on the computer. I only just learned how to do the quote thing and I think I can only do one quote per reply at this time. So if you can figure out the pm thing I am fine with that. Since I see another mama Holli has also responded, I am also totally fine with just coming here and posting. When I read your latest post, I reflected on what we do. Here is an example: Monday - shopping, then him bringing two brothers over to play or me...
Oh, Manydolyn, I feel for you. I talked to my friend who has a ds6 and dd3. She is exhausted at times from her dd's nursing especially at night time. She really felt for you as you have the complication of your daughter's feelings around the new baby. She had been talking a lot to her daughter during times when they weren't nursing about the nursing and also decided to make specific times when she would nurse with her. When she woke up, before they went out, and...
Hi Nellie, I have a ds who just recently turned six. He is our only child and we are also homeschooling/unschooling. So far it has been ok for us, I have one dear friend with a similar age child and a younger one - so our two boys have taken some classes together and we do see them at least a couple of times a week. My sons best friend went to school this year kindergarten. As he gets out at 11 am, we were able to pick him and his little brother up one day a week and...
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyNY I just wanted to offer that he was dealing with his anger in, IMO, an acceptable way, telling you that he wanted some space and listening to loud music. Interesting. I like how you say this. It makes sense that this is normal behavior when you are tired and not being able to do what you want. I was completely thrown by it though. Of course we have had many situations where we disagree but usually I...
Hi, I would like to join as well. I had a situation the other day that really through me. My son who has just turned six was having a hard time ending the day. It was nearly 10 pm and he was dying to go outside and do his alka seltzer and water rockets. After saying no, I thought about it and since we homeschool and we didn't have to be anywhere the next am I decided to let him do a couple. Well, he just wanted to keep going. So finally that was it and he came in and...
Liamn Emma wrote: "Just two weeks ago he was bullied quite viciously on the bus while returning to school from a field trip. A girl (neighbor) put an entire container of cork grease in his shoulder length hair after having verbally bullied him (shrimp, midget, baby) for a year. She was suspended for the incident because of the ongoing nature of the issue. So I think our family is very sensitive to such comments right now." Oh, this is so upsetting! I don't even have...
[QUOTE=LiamnEmma; [I]When we got home, he went right in to dh and immediately commented on the woman and her comment. dh looked at me and I said, "Well, she and I had a discussion about it after class and I'm fairly certain it won't happen again." ds smiled, so I think a) I was right to confront her because it must have been bothering him since he told dh about it even though he's normally very stoic, and b) I think he was pleased that I told her to back it off or he...
My first thought, is way to stand up for your son. From the way you relay the story it sounds like she was annoyed that he wasn't called out the first time and her response to him, sounds like a snarky comment, to me. If she didn't mean it - she got a lesson on how one's comments can be hurtful. I am sure she wasn't expecting your son to say anything. I feel I worry to much what others think and while I may grumble under my breath about something or decide not to...