or Connect

Posts by intentionalmama

Quote: Originally Posted by rejoiceinlife my problem. What I got for a text was "Since your kids have been exposed to CP please don't come to the party." IMO that was rather rude, especially to come out-of-the-blue like that. If the party had been the following weekend, right in prime "contagious" time frame, then perhaps I would have uninvited myself. It would have been nice if she had called you as emails can appear harsh with out hearing...
Girlo, I have been wanting to respond to your post. When I read your post; I was so touched by your story. What I got from it is what a loving thing your friend did for you. It must have been very hard for her to have done this. I remember someone telling me once (re: my job working with young people) that when we confront it should be with the intention of getting closer. Your friend risked to tell you the truth - and for you; I imagine it must have been a shock and ...
Hi, I thought op you were upset because he was pushing his daughter about not studying; and that Quote: Originally Posted by petey44 I don't know- I interpreted it as, "this is a real life example of why you need to learn your decimals. do you understand what she means when she says 1.5 baths? if you had been doing your math homework, you would!" the above quote was more in line with what I thought he was going on about. I was thinking...
Quote: Originally Posted by laohaire Just curious. The other father said to them "Hey, a lot of little kids play here. Let's keep the garbage in the can." One of the boys mocked him by repeating "Let's keep the garbage in the caaa-aan" in a really childish stupid voice, and the boys sniggered together. This is a frustrating situation. One suggestion I wanted to make is the idea of trying to make some sort of connection with the kids. ...
When my son was the ages of your children - I liked him napping. Partly because I thought he needed it and often because I needed it. Anyway, I would put on some nice relaxing music, have the room nice and dark and crawl into bed with him. Even if he didn't want to - he would eventually settle down and snuggle up with me and go to sleep. Now, I know that is only with one - so not sure how that would go with two. If I had two I might try and get them settled and then...
Quote: Originally Posted by VisionaryMom First, I don't think I've ever "screamed" at anyone as an adult. That would feel like a major overreaction to me. I do not know how I would react if I thought my child had fallen out of a window and was injured or worse - screaming at someone would not be out of the possibilities. If it was me, I think I would just see this person at group events. I now have a seven year old and the friends with...
Quote: Originally Posted by LROM T I don't want to assume it's because my having a kid triggers sadness or something in them, but it's just such a dramatic difference in contact (or total lack of contact) and I just can't ignore that it all happened right around DD's birth. I think this may be a good guess. When I was in my late thirties; I wasn't sure if I wanted to have kids or not. I was lucky enough to have my child at forty. (Now I wish...
The other day my son who just turned 7, his friend 6, and his friends sister 3 decided to have a lemonade stand. They made up signs and sold lemonade for 25 Cents a glass. They had to figure out change - even though most people gave them extra for tips. They played instruments - little guitar (don't know how to play it - but sure acted like they knew) and sang. They had a a great time. Cars were pulling up in front of our place. The bus that goes by would honk and people...
Quote: Originally Posted by KJoslyn78 I am so glad that you can judge a person entirely on ONE post. I have nothing else to add, as MissMaegie'sMama said everything else I would have. Hi, it's me who wrote the post you are reffering to. Actually from the ops post what I thought of her was that she is a pretty courageous woman reaching out for help because she is not happy with the way she is currently parenting and does not know what to do. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by MPJJJ I am so frustrated that I have resorted to spanking, something I never dreamed of doing and used to be very opposed to. I am still oposed to it. I have also made a habit of yelling at them to 'shut up', and cursing at them... not namecalling, but yelling things like "What the hell are you doing? Why won't you ever listen to me???" And even using the F word sometimes, which I want to stop doing but I am soooo...