or Connect

Posts by wendypf

Since I was diagnosed and started treatment for cancer at the end of august, I can count the number of days I've seen my 14 MO DD. Luckily, she is cared for by people who love us both and I know she is always getting attention and love. However, before I got sick, she nursed to sleep and coslept. This made it really difficult to transition sleeping and she now falls asleep after watching the tv to "relax." Part of me loves this because she falls to sleep without crying...
She really won't drink milk -- believe me, we tried! She also has a dairy sensitivity, so I tend to stay away from other dairy sources. Though I did try yogurt after I got sick just to see (which she would not eat). DH and I were talking this morning and decided we would be more consistent about offering good fats. She's had a lot of care takers since I started treatment. Yesterday was the first time in 2 weeks that I even go to see her! She rarely had refined carbs...
I was diagnosed with cancer last month and had to wean 13 MO DD on 8/31 when I started chemo. She has no interest in milk. any kind of milk. any kind of container. We've been doing baby led weaning since she was about 5 months old and she loves to eat. She has a very good diet and ate a variety of foods. Now that she does not have the nutrition from the milk, should we be more strict with what food we give her? Usually I offer what we're eating and snacks...
I spent today on the couch, mostly sleeping and trying to eat. 1YO DD is at my MILs, she spent the night last night and probably tonight too because I am too sick to watch her and DH has had a few hard weeks. Last month, if you told me my daughter would be weaned and sleeping at grandma's I couldn't have fathomed that... but then I was diagnosed with cancer and in a whirlwind I have gone from attached mommy to laid up on the couch barely able to function because the...
I have to wean DD starting tomorrow to start treatment for cancer Luckily I have a friend who can pump 20oz at a time who is donating milk to us! We're starting w/10oz a day for DD (she's 1 and mostly comfort nurses). She's going to bring over a few days milk at a time. How would you ask her to store and transport it? I would like to preserve the healthy benefits as much as possible. thanks!
I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, rhabdomyosarcoma recently. I start treatment next week and would love to find a good cancer forum. Problem is, I'm not sure where to go. This cancer usually affects children and even in kids its uncommon, accounting for about 3% of childhood cancers. Most kids who get it are very young, about 2-6 years old. Any ideas?
Thanks everyone! This week has been miserable. I wanted to enjoy my daughter and instead every time she nurses my heart breaks I feel like I should be trying to reduce what she drinks, but its been so hard. I'm pretty low energy at the moment and everyone has been working this week, so we've been in the house. Today, I think we lasted 6 hours w/o nursing, which is a record for spending the day together -- no tears or crying, just lots of playing. I tried goat's millk,...
Quote: Originally Posted by TiredX2 I would also try the open cup of milk. Does she have any other reliable fat sources? Some kids who are milk sensative can handle cheese and yogurt. Avacados? Oils? My main concern would not be milk, per se, but the fat for brain development. How many solids does she eat. She is a great eater! Loves salmon and avocado. She eats eggs everyday cooked in coconut oil. She's always had worse reactions when...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tofu the Geek How old is she mama? I think recommendations will vary greatly depending on her age. Sorry you (and DD) are having to go through this. She turned one last weekend
I was diagnosed with cancer last week. I will be starting treatment on 8/31. It will involve a lot of chemo over the next 9-10 months with little time off. That means 8/31 is the last time I can nurse her. She turned 1 last week. With only a week left, I want to enjoy my daughter and let her nurse as much as she wants. Which means, next week is going to be the worst part of my treatment. Please give me your best weaning tips -- clothing to wear, other ways to bond,...