or Connect

Posts by michelle_mama

Hi, I'll be moving to south side of Brisbane soon (from overseas) and hoping to find some like-minded friends with children. I'll have a 3 y.o. girl and a 1 y.o. boy. Look forward to meeting some of you face-to-face.
Hi, I'll be moving to south side of Brisbane soon (from overseas) and hoping to find some like-minded friends with children. I'll have a 3 y.o. girl and a 1 y.o. boy. Look forward to meeting some of you face-to-face.
This is even later, but I wonder if you've already moved to Alice? It's hot and dry but beautiful country. You'll be able to find a tribe if you are pro-active about it. There's even a Steiner school there. There are plenty of Americans because of the US military base.... good luck!
Has anyone else read Parent Effectiveness Training (PET)? I found that really helpful for changing my ingrained attitude, and suggesting alternative ways to speak to children and deal with discipline. I think 'retraining' is a challenge if we just automatically take on what we were brought up with ourselves. karen.