or Connect

Posts by Oh the Irony

Quote: Originally Posted by Strong Mama By the way,I can say with 100% faith, my dh would never cheat on me. And not all men will/would cheat. The men she sleeps with have issues in their marriages already, most are only there for the kids, they say. Not saying its an excuse for them, because it is not, totally, just saying what she tells me. There before the grace of go I. I once would have said that I had...
I'm rarely lonely. It might come sometimes but it passes quickly. I was partnered for 15 years so having some time for me is a good thing. It feels good not to identify as a wife or girlfriend. When the time is right someone cool will come along. I think you are being a bit premature and self-defeating personally. You've been divorced a couple years? Not a long time in the scheme of things. Taking some time to fully heal and develop yourself is really helpful to...
Word to MissLotus. He needs to be doing everything he can possibly do to help her right now. And at the moment, it is not about her role in the marriage. That can come later. It only takes one to cheat and lie--he is 100% responsible for that decision. And I would disagree with statements like it was waiting to happen or that's what usually happens. There were many other options for him if he was unhappy with his marriage. This reflects something broken in HIM that he...
If there was no abuse, I would be all for it. Every other weekend is not a lot of time with your child. In your situation, HECK NO. Seriously, if you give an inch he'll go for 5 miles.
I'm so sorry sweetie. Been there. Everything you describe is textbook. I would suggest taking some time--you don't need to make a decision right now. The first ten days were REALLY hard for me--the numbness you mention. Here are some suggestions: 1) Both of you get STD tests 2) Marriage counseling 3) Transparency from him If you do decide you have an interest in reconciling know that he needs to be transparent and be truly remorseful. It is good that he...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamamoon89 This is the best quinoa recipe ever, and takes no time! 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked (more like 3 cups after being cooked: combine 1 cup dry quinoa with 2 cups water, bring to boil, cover, simmer for 15-20 minutes) Mix 1/4 cup olive oil with 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tbs tamari, 1-3 cloves of pressed garlic Toast 1/4 cup sunflower seeds until browning and yummy smelly Cut 1 or 2 carrots into matchsticks Mix warm quinoa...
Yeah, I would go ahead with legal means in November if he doesn't do what is appropriate. And if your children qualify for a higher amount of support, I would suggest going with it. It is to support your kids and it sounds like you need it. Having it be court ordered doesn't mean you'll get it--but you have a much better shot. It sounds like he is on track to be difficult about it. You don't owe him any favors as far as I know...you need to be thinking about you and...
I would suggest a consult with an attorney. CS guidelines vary by state--who pays health insurance and nights spent in each household effect amounts. Normally calculators take those into consideration. You would also ask about spousal support in your state. I was married for over 10 years and was a SAHP. I got spousal support for four years in addition to child support. In some states, you only qualify for marriages over ten years. It is also normally (in my state) not...
Quote: Originally Posted by knitterma I can relate to the "married single mom" comment, because that is exactly how i felt when i was married. being a single mom IS hard, no question, but not necessarily harder than being in an unhappy marriage with a spouse that didn't pull his weight and was also very critical. What annoys me though is how people throw it around like it is some horrible thing. "I feel like a single mom" is their way of saying...
Significantly more work here. My ex worked quite long hours, but he would cook, do dishes, laundry, pack kid's lunches and take kids to school. At that time, I worked very part time from home. Now I do all those things, everything else and work a great deal more hours.