or Connect

Posts by Oh the Irony

I'm not currently dating anyone but think it is a great question. It was really an issue in my last relationship. My kids go to their dads every weekend so I have weekends free. He really wanted all of my free time. Which compressed all the things I do into less time and became quite stressful for me. It is important for me to maintain "me" time and time for existing friends and hobbies. When I date again, I think seeing each other once a week on weekdays (meet...
I think you get it and yes, something needs to be done. I don't know if it is physical because of the odor issues as Jeannie mentioned or psychological. Or a mixture of both. If it was only nighttime I wouldn't be that concerned. Urgent care is a good step and your boyfriend can talk to the teacher. Perhaps the teacher could address it with the mom? Not sure how that would work out with all the politics of things... But her mom is her mom--not her BM.
Where I live, the school is totally not qualified to do appropriate testing for auditory processing. They also do not pay for outside evaluations that I am aware of. Is that a state by state thing or dependent upon certain conditions that the OP would qualify for? I am very interested!
Another vote for not a good idea. Yes, even with a good relationship an anniversary lunch is not appropriate. I do think boundaries are important. Lunch on another day to talk about finances or kids? Sure, go ahead. Talking about your feelings? I would process that with myself, friends and a therapist. Even if he didn't have a girlfriend I wouldn't do it. With a girlfriend, HECK NO. Totally unfair to her and a recipe for problems. My ex and I are friendly terms...
Oh great! I am one person and I work out of a chiropracter's office but am independent. On my cards it says Name @ blank center. I have a business name that is on paperwork but I don't use it and it actually doesn't apply to my business as well as it did when I first started. A friend pointed out that the one I was thinking about is only one of my techniques that I use and that it may change over time... So yes, my name for now and then if I come up with a great...
Thank you! That seems to be the consensus I'm getting. One of the domains I looked at was for sale for like $700. I think I'll stick to the $10 range! I could do www.massagetherapynow.com or I could do my name... I get so bogged down in this stuff it takes me a long time and I need something by the end of the week. I'm just doing vistaprint because it matches my cards and is easy enough for me to do.
Hello, I do a type of bodywork and am working on my website now. I need to get a new domain name. Pretend my technique is massage therapy...which one would you go with? www.massagetherapy.co or www.massagetherapy.biz .net is available but expensive Should I try and get a different .com addy or does it matter? Thanks!
Your daughter could really benefit from seeing a good play therapist. I was fortunate and found one that does EMDR and attachment work as well. It's interesting that you noted the regressions. Our therapist would actually have me feed my 4/5 year old with a spoon or bottle feed him while we talked--some about love. It was very grounding for him. My son who was 8 probably had counseling for 2 years off and on. My little guy was two when my ex left. He started...
Quote: Originally Posted by GranoLLLy-girl My mother NEVER did a thing for me. Why expect something different? She has shown you who she is. She's NOT thinking about you. She likely never will. I don't think she was trying to rub your nose in the condo (that yes, she had every right to buy) because she wasn't thinking of you. I have found that releasing expectations of people like this is very good for my mental health. I can't tell from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama Soltera Are you talking about pof or okcupid? She's talking about both. Your picture is public and anyone that signs on or does a search for someone in your age range can see it. You do have the option of not putting up a picture but you will see a lot less in terms of contacts. I think with e-harmony people don't see your picture right away. I don't like e-harmony though--they don't let gay people...