or Connect

Posts by Oh the Irony

Quote: Originally Posted by kblackstone444 But if he ever changed his mind, how could I do it? I've become very cynical- if a loving Husband can randomly stop loving you and leave you after 9 years, then anyone could. He could do it again, any future boyfriends, certainly can. I'm not sure I believe in love anymore. Big hugs for you. I have at various times felt similar. My ex was also my best friend. I would have voted him least likely to...
yes, i agree need is an overused word. and now there are also many more phone options through a computer that don't involve a cell phone or a land line.
Quote: Originally Posted by provocativa a 12 year old alone at home doesn't need a phone- the land jack will still dial 911. we want them to have a phone because of our own insecurities. I was the one that mentioned my 12 year old needing a phone at home. I also mentioned he was 10 at the time. He's a child that I have felt comfortable leaving alone from a young age because he is so responsible. It seems like common sense to me though that...
double post
Thank you spughy and ambereva! I'm going to order a copy.
Do the child and the mom consider him dad? Does the child call him dad? Does mom refer to him as dad? Does she share any decision making with him at all? Does she give you a regular schedule or does she drop him off when she needs childcare? Is the mom remarried with a partner? I think those questions also play into it. Dads can still have visitation without paying child support. They are not supposed to be dependent upon each other. Though yeah, the fact that he...
My son got a cell phone when he was like 9 or 10. He's 12 now. It's on ex's plan and adds like 9.95 a month to it. It has been wonderful. I don't have a home phone anymore but he needed a phone so I could leave him alone while I ran a quick errand. And now he can be alone for a couple of hours so he needs to have access to a phone. There aren't any rules. He uses it responsibly and takes care of it. When ex and I were vibing a bit, it did bother me that ex...
Oh really? Cool. The reviews on amazon were saying it was more for experienced people. I liked the sound of it--it seems very efficient.
I would like to start some strength training to tone up. I've done gentle pilates and hooping in the past year. They have helped but it hasn't been consistent enough. I love the way the pilates on the machines feels but it gets pricey. In the past, I've done a tiny bit with small free weights. Is there a program you would suggest? I'm not ready for something like PX90. I'm eying the NROLW but it looks like it is more for intermediate training. So I want a...
Yes. I would. And while it is true that folks could be in an open relationship that is a major assumption for me to make. And if I "outed" something to the partner in an open relationship they could just giggle about it later.