or Connect

Posts by toughcookie

all good ideas. he does WANT to be rid of diapers, that is very clear.  we're slowly getting to the point where he knows when he has to go.   i do agree with the burnout.  i'll chance some more accidents and try not to bug him.  if i combine that with no underwear the only liability is wet pants and floor, which is a lot better than a reluctant and grumpy kid.     thanks all, for your insights.
hi, i'm sure that there have been a billion threads on this, but i'm looking for short answers on how to get your kiddo back on track with potty training once the "potty timer" method leads to refusal.  we have been using the microwave timer every 20 minutes to get him on for a minute at a time (and then he gets a sticker even if nothing happened).  on day 3 today he is refusing to go completely and will hold it until he just lets loose in his undies.  any thoughts on...
thank you!  i will definitely try dr. bronners - great idea.     
hi, i'm looking for a good home-tested recipe for cleaning wood floors.  one that can get out toddler hand gunk but still leave the wood surface with a slight shine but not be slippery or waxy or sticky.  good (natural) smelling would be a bonus.  anyone out there have a fave recipe for me?    TIA.
my 16 month old is in a biting phase.  he doesn't bite intentionally - just when he snuggles into me or his stuffed lovey.  but today he bit me on the thigh as he was burying his head in my lap and i screamed in pain.  he cried for 10 minutes, hysterically.    he's got 4 teeth coming through all at once, and he's very mouthy in general right now.   how should i deal with this, to discourage it but do so gently?    thanks....
i am probably the least qualified to post here, since i do NOT have a second baby, and i haven't been-there-done-that.  but i just wanted to weigh in and maybe add something that you've lost sight of.    i have a 15-month old and he is not a high-needs baby at all, he's pretty good as far as temperament and he naps easily when he is tired.   that said, i absolutely cannot imagine having a newbie to take care of and being a calm, rational mother to my son.    my...
this thread is so comforting to find!  my son is 14 months and even when he leans on me or furniture, he's so wobbly, and plops down on his butt after only a few seconds.  he does to the quadraped thing (on hands and feet with legs extended), but it seems to me that he's very far from walking, since he's not even cruising.  he is a fast crawler (weird shuffle, not a cross-crawl), so he can get around, but i'm starting to worry about that milestone.  he was very behind to...
hormones.  exhaustion.  tears to your soft tissues, perhaps.  i remember it well, and my husband was home for 2 weeks.   when he left that morning, i had everything i needed though - clean diapers, my boppy, my boobs, lunch ready in a tupperware to zap for me, and the pets taken care of.  we made it through that first day, and every day after was easier, until, lo and hehold, i wasn't scared at all anymore.    you will get through it.  trust your mothering...
we just got this for our 11 month old who doesn't yet walk either.  it's expensive, but i think we will get lots of time with him enjoying it....  i think it'll be easy to sell eventually too, as it's kinda heirloom quality,.
a dead housefly he found on the floor, and he had another one stuck to the drool on his chin.   he attempted to eat a piece of fingernail that didn't quite make it into the bathroom garbage, but i fished it out.