or Connect

Posts by jwoodbri

I was wondering if you ladies could help me out. My father's esophagus basically doesn't work so he can't eat much of anything these days without it coming back up or getting stuck going down. He has procedures now and then to help stretch his esophagus out so that he has an easier time eating but currently he's losing weight and doesn't really have any to lose. So I have been thinking about things he might be able to try. Any thoughts? He's not a traditional foods eater...
So I have 9 days until number 4 arrives (c-section ugh). And as much as I'm getting uncomfortable, I'm not looking forward to the recovery process or really the adjustment period. I feel like I finally have a good handle on three and I'm a bit anxious about four! But I suppose I have felt this way before the birth of each of my children and every time it has turned out just fine. :) I also always worry about how the youngest will react and adjust (they have all been...
Also 37 weeks today! Feeling mostly ready. Still have a long list of things to do but mostly all baby related things are in order. Still would like the house cleaned and organized and also in need of a few lasagnas in the freezer but overall feeling ok. Getting a little nervous about making the transition to 4 kids especially wondering how our youngest will adjust but I always worry about that and everything turns out ok.
Well we ended up going with the 7.1 I think. It seemed plenty big for a while and now that I'm actually stocking up on things for once #4 arrives it is definitely too small! :) I thought it would be but DH was unconvinced that I would actually use it. So we'll see.... Maybe it's time to find a cheap upright to add to our collection. :)
Use it if you love. I'm a Jessica and grew up when there were a ton of us in classes. It doesn't make any difference in the world. My first son I almost named Aidan but the nurses said there were a few others born recently so we went with Liam. In our little playgroup of 6 children there ended up being two Liams. So for our second I said who cares, I'm using the name and I did. :) Have no clue what to name our third son though. Maybe I'll see if DH likes Oliver. :) I do...
I had to sign an "elective" c-section form at my hospital. I looked at my OB-GYN as said if it's elective there's another option right... Not if you want to deliver here or with me. So I had to sign the elective form even though I had no other option. And there weren't any other options anywhere in a few hour drive that I could find. My last c-section I tried to make more natural but it's the first time our hospital had tried anything like it. But this video went even...
Looking at buying a chest freezer hopefully tomorrow actually as they are on sale at Sears... but not sure what size. My husband thinks the smallest size (5.1 cu ft) but I think we would rapidly out grow it if I plan to make a bunch of freezer meals, buy local grassfed beef, pork and free range chicken. Maybe extra bread, muffins, cookies etc before baby #4 arrives. I was thinking more along the lines of the 8.8cu ft one. So what works or doesn't work for...
 Thank you for your input mamas. I have calmed down a bit and I'm waiting for the dentist office to be open tomorrow to find out exactly what they did. When I look in his mouth it looks like they actually put it into his two back molars (same side, next to each other). I have no problem with having one tooth pulled but I won't have both pulled of course. I don't think it would be too traumatic as I have had countless teeth pulled when I was young as I just had way too...
Really no thoughts on this? I'm completely sick about it and can't believe we are even in this position.
My DH took my boys to the dentist to get fillings and when the dentist asked him what kind of filling to put in (while my son's mouth was open are already prepped), he asked which is less toxic. He says she looked at him like an idiot and said one is plastic, one is metal. He knows I don't like plastic so he picked "metal." This happened on Friday and I found out this morning while he was telling his dad on the phone. I was livid! I know he did the right thing in asking...