or Connect

Posts by jwoodbri

Didn't read all the posts as I am surrounded by hungry children (should probably go get dinner...) But I had shingles when my oldest was about 4-5 months old. My doctor just told me to make sure he didn't touch the shingles as it could give him chicken pox but I wasn't a threat to anyone else as no one else was going to be getting that close to rub the shingles on my back. (Well I suppose except my husband who had already had chicken pox.) I was teaching at the time and...
Too funny. I really wanted to know more about why this MIL wanted to have McDonald's for Thanksgiving! That's just not right! :)
I put my daughter in a carrier (like Ergo but a little different) without thinking the other day. I'll probably continue to wear her off and on when needed. When I get bigger I might just switch to a mei tai but I'm not sure we'll see. Thankfully DD is a peanut.
Thank you ladies. I'm starting to relax about it now. I might as well not start worrying now. I'll ask for my lab results. Having more information always is better for me. Thank you BeryHappy for all the details. That helps a lot!
Good luck with radiation. I hope the treatment works well and you have as easy a time with it as possible. And for what it is worth I love EWG! I won't use anything on myself or my kids that I don't check with them first. Why add more cancer risks when you can easily avoid them, right?
Checked out Imagine Nation yesterday too. The boys liked that as well but my 5 yr old liked Kid City better. I did too actually. I thought there was more to do at Kid City especially independently. It seemed like if the staff had been circulating more there were actually some good learning opportunities but they usually weren't around. And there were things there that my 1 yr old couldn't do. For instance they had a climbing structure that she really wanted to follow her...
Thanks ladies! I've survived the last two days and just one more to go. :) We went to the Childrens Museum in West Hartford on Tuesday and today we went to Kid City in Middletown. We spent four hours there and the kids easily could have spent all day there I think. They had a lot of fun and really liked the fishery room.   So now to decide for tomorrow. Thanks again for all the great choices. I really appreciate it!!
So happy to find you ladies. I had looked several times before without much luck. I was diagnosed with melanoma one year ago today. Had surgery in Dec and Jan and was finally staged with 3a. I'm sure you guys know but that means it was in one of my lymph nodes. You'll probably think I'm crazy but I wish there was some chemo or radiation that worked on melanoma but as there is really no effective treatment I turned down their crappy one and decided to try to boost my...
So today is my one year from being diagnosed with melanoma. It's been a long roller coaster of a year for sure and at times I wasn't even sure if I would still be here now let alone being here and being pregnant! Anyway... today I get called by my OBGYN's office and I didn't think anything of it although I had just spoken to them. By the title you know I had abnormal cells in my pap smear but they also told me I was HPV positive. What??? Today of all days they tell me...
Thank you! That does help. We do have a car and interests include well, just, keeping the kids busy! :) I'll google some of the things you mentioned. My dad found The Childrens Museum in West Hartford which turned out to be much closer than I thought and I got to go to Whole Foods afterwards so that worked out well. Trying to decide between naptime now and possibly a playground if the weather holds. The boys are pretty wild at the moment!   Thanks again!   P.S....