or Connect

Posts by jwoodbri

So she finally told me the name of the company and I called and canceled one of the seats since we were always planning on bringing at least one. I sent her as nice of an email as I could muster (DH thought I did a great job) thanking her for her time and effort but explaining that I fully research everything in regards to safety. And she sent back a snippy email saying she knows how to do safety research too. I'm sure she is up to date on car seat info and my kids'...
So my step-MIL went ahead and booked all three seats anyway. No idea what company or what seats. Not happy. Want to have her unbook them but FIL says they can't and DH doesn't want to make them mad. Errrr... Not sure what I'm going to do now.
Has anyone rented a car seat from a baby rental place... not the right term of course as they don't rent babies but ykwim! We have 3 kids- 4, 2, and 4 mo. We' ve travelled with car seats with the older two and it wasn't fun. Travelling with three car seats sounds awful but a little worried about the seats. The place we are looking at says they check recalls, clean seats w/ organic products, and even have certified people to install. Thoughts? My step-MIL...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamakah My ND puts all his patients on Vitamin D (you have that covered! ) Vitamin c, winterberry and probiotics during cold and flu season. My son is completely unvaxed and I never use hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes. I believe those make the immune system weaker by killing off all bacteria good and bad making the immune system not prepared for major jobs to tackle. Washing hands should be enough. I've read that...
So I'm not sure if this should go here or not but... we are flying to my FIL's for Thanksgiving and I'm worried about that recirculating air and any of us catching a flu or really any bug. Should I be that concerned? What can I do to help boost our immune systems? I figure I will bring disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer etc. Thinking about using a salt water dipped q-tips to wipes kids noses when we get there. Maybe having them drink warm tea too? My 2 & 4 year olds are...
Quote: Originally Posted by momongeon DH still doesn't see it. am POAS Another am POAS Not so great PM POAS Crashing in to say I totally see something! I better be your first phone call after you test. Hee hee.
I've been on the look out for actual albums to try homeschooling as I am AMS certified 6-12 but some of the books that I do have that I just pulled out to get me started are... Teach Me to Do it Myself by Maja Pitamic -This one is my favorite so far. Teaching Montessori in the Home The Preschool Years by Elizabeth Hainstock Montessori Play and Learn by Lesley Britton and I also like Montessori From the Start by Paula Polk Lillard and Lynn Lillard Jessen I have...
Subbing as I just came looking for Vit D info. Hoping to order some soon for my 3 month old, myself and possibly my 2 & 4 year olds. Would love to know the answers to MaterPrimaePuellae's questions! Thanks!
Thank you so much for your replies! I had forgotten about the MontessoriMakers yahoo group so I'll have to get on there and ask some questions. And thank you so much for your really detailed reply tankgirl! I really appreciate it. Some times I get so bogged down in all the details (particularly the materials) that I forget to go back to the heart of Montessori. I also forget that the materials in upper elementary are very different than the ones in younger classrooms...
So I'm thinking about homeschooling our kids and I'm actually Montessori certified 6-12. Don't know too much about 3-6 classrooms though. Probably because I know the extensive training that teachers go through and the importance of the classroom materials I hesitate to even try as for some reason I feel like this would be an all or nothing endeavor for me. I would love to find 3-6 albums and classroom materials (or I would be willing to make some as well). I've looked...