or Connect

Posts by Aquitane

Thanks, IsaFrench and Journeymom!   I know I just have to buckle down and do it.  But, UGH!  I also know that it has to come from ME.  If DH does it, I think it will not go over as well.  Even though she is a pill (boy, you hit the nail on the head, Journeymom) she likes me.   I think I'm going to give her the stuff this weekend.   Thanks again.
How would you bring up the counseling services you have found for your grieving MIL?   My FIL died about a year and a half ago.  MIL has stated that she would be like to go to some sort of grief counseling.  In the beginning, the only counseling offered was from the hospital were FIL was treated and the hospice program that was used.  Both would have required MIL to go to the "big city" (i.e. nearest big city to where we live in the 'burbs) to get the services.  She...
OHJoy-Please feel free to PM me.   CI Mama- what great news!  I am sorry for your continued discomfort.  Sorry, I don't have any suggestions.  
My aunt and grandma were told to stay away from caffeine.  I've heard that some women are just genetically more susceptible.  Glad to hear that it went well.  My grandma actually had her cysts removed, but that was back in the day.  My aunt just had biopsies, so they might just watch it, but not do anything to it.
It's so funny that HappyHappyMommy bumped this up.  I had a rather agonizing experience recently regarding my mammogram.   I had a baseline at 35.  I had one last year at age 40 and so this year at age 41 was my third mammogram.  The tech. this year was all about my comfort, which I guess is great, however, she didn't seem to "squeeze" or press down very hard on the girls.  She probably asked me 10 times for each compression if I was okay.    I kind of think she...
First, you should know I am a 4th grade teacher.   Next, you should know that I did not like my son's 4th grade teacher.  However, my son adored her.  Like PP stated, sometimes you have to get over your feelings and go with what your child feels/thinks.   During my son's 4th grade year, our family went through a great deal of upheaval.  My DH lost his job, we had to change our lifestyle, childcare changed, etc.  I informed his teacher that there were some changes...
I joined for a sad reason.  My BF had a stillbirth about 5 years ago.  I was googling trying to find info. about it because I was so upset, and I wanted to be of some kind of use to her.  The online Mothering community came up the most often. So I lurked for awhile before I joined.  The Pregnancy and Birth Loss forums were a wealth of information, and they really helped me understand what to say/do and NOT say/do.   I am very mainstream with an open mind.  I've...
I didn't start dying my hair until after I had DS who is now 14.   I mostly just have highlights done at the salon.  I am a natural dirty blond, so I don't mind my own color.  The highlights just spiff it up a bit.  I have also gone red, I have the coloring (and green eyes) and I always get a ton of compliments when I do it.  I only get my hair colored at the salon because I am certain I would make a big mess of it if I tried to do it myself.  However, I try to keep...
I also agree that I have a real hard time with criticism.  At my eval's my bosses HAVE to give some sort of constructive criticism because "no one's perfect."  I've had bosses say that they hated doing it because I was doing a great job.  Even with that being said, I go over and over the constructive criticism in my head.  It makes me crazy.    This is probably because we are all perfectionists.   My new goal is not to take anything personally.  I take WAY too...
Like most, I would pay off debt and put some away for my kids' college and for retirement.  We would give $$ to family members and probably donate to our local school district.   DH and I would go to Australia and Hawaii and maybe Great Britain.    We would buy a lake house.  My grandparents had a cottage on a lake, and it is one of the things I miss the most as an adult.   I could go to Barnes and Noble and/or Amazon and spend to my heart's content!