or Connect

Posts by FullMetalMom

Dr. Colon is the pediatrician I use.  She is very into holistic and alternative treatments and is also very open to learning about new things.  She has never EVER pressured me to vaccinate and never mentioned formula.  I find it very hard to believe that she would do that without having a good reason.  Dr. Presutti is an ass (it's just kind of like they share the office, not the philosophy). I will not see him.
Where did my Florida ladies go? I'm excited, I just ordered some stuff to make some raised beds in the backyard here. Some brackets and a 3' x 6' recycled prefab bed. Will need to get some wood at the store to make other beds, hopefully I can find some untreated Cedar. I wanted to use stones to make the beds, but my DH says the soil will just wash out through the cracks, so. . . . I'm very excited about my new pond. Finally got all the rocks, the waterfall and...
Quote: Originally Posted by CBall Hope this helps somebody else who's little one is convinced "too early" that they want big people food. Yes, I am so glad to see this thread as my 4.5 month old is exactly the same way. I was having some guilt over considering letting her have a bit of food now and then, but this thread makes me feel much better about the idea! She has been trying to grab food and drinks that are within reach for quite some...
Quote: Originally Posted by TulsiLeaf You can grow cherries? Suriname (sp?) cherries aren't really cherries, I'm pretty sure they're not. They look like a little red fruit, taste like a cross between an orange and a tomato. I got some seeds from a neighbor's bush, will see if they grow. They are fun to eat, but not practical and have high concentration of Vit. C. I want to grow some pineapples, too, we get them in our organic coop box, so I...
Hello fellow Floridian! I'm way down here in the Ft. Lauderdale area, but I'm determined to grow something. We're in a new rental house, but I have a decent amount of space in the backyard, so I'm slowly but surely fixing it up to grow stuff. I have a 4 month old and a 2 year old, so I'm working here and there when I get time. I have recently gotten into waterponds and I also want to get some native Florida plants. My foodstuffs thus far consist mostly of herbs. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by liliaceae I haven't read all the responses, but that sounds extremely dangerous, and since he's completely disregarding your feelings, I'd cut the swing down. And if he puts it up again, I'd cut it down again. This. This scenario could easily turn tragic. I would physically go out and stop the activity if I saw him doing this again. Especially if the fear of my child being hurt brought me to tears. Not cool.
One thing that helped my dd with going to the doctor was to get a book about it. We would read the book together and I would pretend to be the doctor and get a flashlight to examine her tongue, ears, etc. and then let her reciprocate. She would love to just sit and look at the book and talk about the doctor. If you help your child "practice", it may reduce the anxiety in the actual situations. Sometimes just letting your child talk or talking to them about these things...
To anyone who has read Protecting the Gift, what you have described is the classic behavior of a child molester. Not only are warning bells going off in your head, but this man is paying way too much attention to your dd. The touchy feely behavior and taking your dd out of your presence is a HUGE red flag. Trust your instincts that this is not normal. I would in no uncertain terms make it very clear to this uncle that your dd is not to be alone with him and that his...
Yep, it doesn't really matter what your in-laws do or say or think if you and your DH are on the same page. This problem begins and ends with where your DH's loyalties lie.
Our little Roxanne was born Sunday night at 11:46pm after 6 hours of intense but beautiful labor! I have to admit I didn't really believe I was in real labor for most of it , so it seemed even faster than that! I was already 6cm when my amazing midwife made it to the house. About 15 minutes after I got into the birth tub, things were so intense and the pressure was so amazing, I realized there wasn't going to be a "pushing stage" and that she was going to come out with...