or Connect

Posts by modadan

Great information Christine. With your comments about repairs, it seems they are just cosmetic? I too had one that didn't heal shut (stitches came out, so left it to heal on its own) and feel like I am missing half my perinieum. I chosed to leave it and not have it repaired till I finished childbirthing. So if i dont repair it, when I am in menopause will I end up with no perineum?? Aside from the gapping and unsightly view, should it be left alone or repaired? Would like...
My 15 month old toddler has just had molars come through which has resulted in many more breast feeds than usual. I don't mind this except for the first time since she was born, this has started to cause pain in my nipples. Like they are bruised. It's usually the night feds that hurt the most, not sure if it is bad latching, over feeding or something else? Anyone else experienced this or can guide me in the right direction? They feel so sensitive and sore to touch too....
Wow your post is so articulate! First time I have shed a tear on MDC. I can relate to your experience 100%. Only difference is I had an episiotomy & tear that like yourself, did not heal well at all and will probably need reconstructive surgery one day. What still saddens me the most is - Trusting my MW with my life and MY BIRTH. Who did not honor my birth plan and only good thing? she did was avoid a near hysterectomy. Trusting my MW would coach me effectively...
If I could do it again I would not have had DH as my main support person, but a good doula. He was fine and would not have missed it for the world, but I did not have the birth support I so desperately needed. He was a deer in lights and although this article is more about how birth effects him, in my case his (lack of) presence effected me and how I now see him. I guess my respect for him has changed resulting from feeling let down by his lame support. he was all talk...
Wow I could have written this! Especially the manipulative midwife Except I left my epi&tear to heal by second intention. I was over all those "experts" near my yoni and was too traumatized to be re-stitched. All seems OK except I seem to have lost most of my perineum. I am due for #2... so glad I found this thread, it has given me confidence to have a vaginal birth. Fingers crossed I come out the other end with just some minor tearing. No tearing would be a...
I usually BF my DD to sleep for naps and night time which 8/10 works. But as DD gets older, she will often have a feed but is still awake leaving me to sling her around for up to an hour till she falls asleep. Even then there are times like tonight, that didn't work. It too me nearly 2 hours to get her to sleep and when she did I just broke down. There is a lot of crying from her when she is over tired and can't sleep. She uses me as a pacifier and gets full of milk which...
MIL sounds like a nightmare!!!
The options are unfortunately limited. This site will guide you. http://immunise.health.gov.au/
I don't even bother telling people how traumatic my birth experience was.
Thanks ladies for the reassurance. She use to nurse to sleep and comfort feed but now she just pulls off, no longer interested in hanging around the milk bar. And she seems to be able to handle the letdown better, either pulls off for a moment or gulps like there is no tomorrow. No more choking poor thing! This really is nothing compared to the thrush I had for the first 2 weeks - that was awful, but I got treatment and was determined to push through..