or Connect

Posts by TanyaMT

I'm taking regular multivitamins I have been taking for years, Women's One a Day. They have iron and folic acid. I take a separate calcium supplement regularly anyway for bone health. Unless my midwife feels strongly otherwise, I will likely just take what I always take. Last pregnancy I was miserably sick the whole thing and couldn't keep any down. The midwife was not concerned at all with the lack of vitamin supplements, stating my diet was fine. I'm getting ready...
I honestly don't have any wonderful advice, but wanted to say I'm relieved I'm not the only one with this situation to deal with. We use the same methods others have mentioned --- letting him stand or sit in the pew as he feels like but can't leave the pew, play with quiet books or toys, eat nonmessy snacks, etc. Some days it really feels like everyone's child but mine is an angel in church and mine screams. We go regularly and unfortunately it is not getting any...
I don't feel limited television is harmful as long as the content is appropriate. DS is watching a video right now while I'm on the laptop. It is a Sesame Street Favorite Songs video. I sing along with the songs and encourage him to sing also. He watches an hour or so a couple days a week with me in the room but gives me a little downtime. I watched a ton of TV as a kid and don't feel that was all that great for me. I think kids should spend more time in imaginative...
Hi everyone, got room for another on your thread? I'm due (my calculations) on 9/9/04. I actually tested positive 12/31/03 so am in the early tester club too. I haven't figured out the neat signature thing yet unfortunately. We have one son though, 19 months. This will be #2 for us. My pregnancy with my son I had vomiting from week 5 to the day I delivered him. I'm hoping for better luck this time. So far, so good! I don't have many symptoms yet, a little heartburn...
Is she jealous of your new little one or feeling like she doesn't get enough of your attention? Could your DH take your DS for a bit after work so you can have a special activity or time with DD? Maybe that would settle her, knowing she would have some of your undivided attention each day and didn't need to act up to get it. Is she getting enough exercise? While my son is driving me absolutely crazy (like today!), it means often times he is not getting enough exercise...
I had to travel when DS was about 8 or 9 months old. I pumped for months and stockpiled hundreds of ounces of milk in the freezer. Then, DH and MIL took care of DS while I was gone. I took my pump with me to keep up supply while I was gone, one week. That is one alternative if your family going with you is too expensive or your company won't allow it. I was determined that my travel would not end BF for us.