or Connect

Posts by TanyaMT

Like someone else mentioned, if it was a 99 cent pattern I just cut it out and buy another later at another sale. For Ottobre, Kwik Sew, etc., I trace. I use Patternease if I have it or got a roll of soil separator paper at Home Depot. Very economical, pretty much like very very thin interfacing, on a huge roll. I lay it on top of the pattern, trace the outline with a pen or marker and then cut out the pattern from the soil separator paper. I still like Patternease...
www.materialmama.com - she has a podcast on iTunes as well that I have been enjoying. Not strictly sewing, but parenting and all kinds of stuff.
Wazoodle in Canada has fantastic sales a couple times a year. www.wazoodle.com I get all kinds of fabric from them, including diaper supplies.
I feel my babe at night and early morning, strong movements. Not much during the day, very occasionally at the computer.
I haven't introduced myself so pardon me into the thread but wanted to respond. I'm on my third pregnancy, and I felt movement much earlier with the other two (I'm 18 weeks also). I'm just assuming it is positioning with this one as I'm also a lot smaller at this stage than the last two. It might be placenta placement too as they have a hard time with Doppler and actually scanned quickly with the US one visit to see the baby waving at us! I know it is hard to...
Noah Gabriel was born 8/27 at 5:27 a.m., weighing 9 lb 8 oz, 21-1/2 inches long. I woke at about 2:15 or 2:30 with contractions that were about 10 minutes apart, progressing rapidly to 8 minutes apart and then 5 by about 3 or 3:15. Woke DH, called DH's parents and the midwife. She said to meet her at the birth center at 4:30. Transferred DS#1 to his grandparents at about 4:15 a.m., contractions every 2-3 minutes and hard. I leaned against DH and rocked through them. ...
I am so very sorry. Prayers for you and your family.
I'm still here, 41-1/7 weeks today and had an NST and ultrasound. Fluid levels are great, NST is great, we wait. :-) Contractions day after day but nothing regular. I had membranes stripped on Tuesday and contractions sped up but then calmed again. Today it appears the whole plug came out. All very soft signs but at least SOMETHING. LOL.
My DH does similar to papapoochie above. We call is "Zach time" - my son's name is Zach. It actually came about due to some behavioral problems and was recommended by our counsellor. DH already spent time with him but it wasn't the same time every day. The idea is that every single day after DH gets home, Zach gets to pick an activity he would like to do with his dad that day and they are together for about 1/2 hour or so (give or take). It is something DS counts on...
Lately, my scrapbooking punches are his favorite - makes shapes and glues them on his paper. I give him stickers, purchased and the ones that arrive free in the mail to get you to buy such and such. He loves stickers. Sand/water table outside with different shapes and sizes of cups and containers. Lots of books. Old magazines and scissors. Legos, K'nex (is that spelled right?), Lincoln logs, wooden blocks, etc.