or Connect

Posts by TanyaMT

Is anyone experiencing severe back pain in the mid back (like about the bra hook area)? I can't figure this one out. Low back pain I kinda expect to a certain extent but this one is new. Any ideas of why or things I can do? I do stretch and have a prenatal yoga tape (which I recommend for those of you also experiencing sciatica) but I just can't seem to get rid of it and it is really bothering me. I do have a nearly 3yo and thought it might be related to carrying him...
I'm still feeling great. This pregnancy is a breeze compared to the last. I started to have some sciatica-type symptoms and got a yoga for pregnancy tape that is helping a lot with the pain. I stay active and that helps too as long as I don't overdo it. The tiredness is getting worse again but not unbearable yet. :-)
I don't think our school system adequately supports the number of kids it holds and they end up being labeled too much. My son is very "spirited" and active to the extreme. But our ped says he is normal, just on the active end of the extreme. I don't want him labeled ADD or anything else. He is what he is (and apparently is very, very like DH was when he was a child according to MIL). He is also extremely bright but unable to sit still. He is 3 by the way so not...
DS was breech until past 37 weeks, at which point we had an external version to turn him so I could deliver with my midwife (it worked). He spent the last trimester basically with his head jammed into my left ribcage (ouch). And I always measured huge compared to dates. They did repeated exams and ultrasounds, worried about extra fluid, huge first baby, abnormalities, etc. It was just his position and he was stubborn and wasn't moving. In symptoms, yes, I absolutely...
I'm another in the same boat, but my nearly 3-year-old isn't easy. He is a "spirited" child who takes lots of time and energy and I feel like I won't have enough to go around or the new baby will be short changed. And I'm enjoying sleeping through the night every night! However, I also remember the fear and uncertainty I felt while awaiting DS, all the things I would be giving up, things that would be changing. My life is much better now even though he is a handful....
We haven't officially started yet (DS is 3) but my ILs are supportive. They have known we plan to homeschool for quite a while. MIL actually had considered homeschooling DH but it just wasn't as common in her area back in the day and she didn't have the support or information that I now have available. So, they are very enthusiastic and offered to help share knowledge, etc.
A little under 10 pounds at 23 weeks. A little more than I would like given I started out overweight, but I'm trying. DH is kind and tells me it is mostly in my breasts and not to worry. The cookies just call to me this last month though and over 5 pounds gained were in the last month!
We didn't have these types of issues (our own separate set though!) so I can't help much on advice in that but I did want to offer a book suggestion, The No Cry Sleep Solution, by Pantley, as you mentioned CIO is not for you. I found this book to have a lot of suggestions on a wide variety of situations that I felt were handled in a gentle and respectful manner that did not involve listening to some poor child scream until they exhausted themselves. It also had...
I agree with Maureen. Our son is nearly 3 and these stages come and go (aggression). When he was about 1-2 though, we got him books like "Teeth are not for Biting," "Feet are not for kicking," and that series. He loves, loves, loves to be read to so enjoyed reading them and they told about not kicking, etc. It would say things like it hurts to bite, but teeth ARE for chewing, etc. And would have pages of what can you do when you feel like biting, such as getting a...
I loved mine! We used it for at least 6 months during breastfeeding, until he was bigger. I'm also smaller chested so otherwise had to hold him up. After I no longer used it for nursing he loved to sit supported in it so he could face me more for play as he was practicing sitting on his own. I will say though they are outrageously priced. If you sew at all, make your own. Very easy to make with different covers.