or Connect

Posts by LuxPerpetua

Has anyone here used Enki Education?  I opted against this for kindy and chose Little Acorn Learning but I am considering it for grade 1.  What did you think? 
We've done it using old Crayola crayons and silicone muffin cups (you can get these cheap at a grocery store or craft store).  The whole process was easy (just Google "Crayon cakes") but I wasn't happy with the quality.  The pigment separated out from the wax so that they don't mark well and are hard to use.  I still have them around IN CASE we ever use them but I now wish I had not wasted my time.  However, maybe I just goofed it up.  You could try making one or two and...
Is there a way to set up a Waldorf art room?  I'm not being snarky but I didn't realize there was.  What does a Montessori art room look like?    For us, we have an art wall that is part of our bedroom.  We tape blank easel paper up in 3 layers (for height).  Underneath it we have baskets of crayons (I am saving our beeswax ones for lessons so we have regular Crayola and Crayon Rocks), markers (not Waldorf, but dd prefers these), colored pencils, and chalks.  We also...
My dd is 5.5 and we have been homeschooling from the beginning and plan to do so until college.  So far it has worked really well for us.  We are Waldorf-inspired, so staying at home in the early years is greatly encouraged.  I don't work at all, but dh and I share a car, so we usually do not have transportation during the weekdays.  Thankfully, my parents live nearby and can take us out occasionally, but even more than that, we live in a very family-friendly apartment...
I would buy the e-books from Little Acorn Learning.  LOVE them!  Tons of crafts, songs, etc.
Misspoke ... I was about to recommend looking into Oak Meadow when I re-read.  Carry on.
It sounds like workboxes filled with fun activities would work well for your son.  There are lots of Montessori homeschooling ideas online that you could make up and put in some shoeboxes for each day of the week to do.  For instance, one day you could have a craft, a fine-motor activity like stickers or Legos, a recipe to make, a book to read together, etc.  I found this site the other day that has some good preschool activities:...
As with most things in Waldorf, I have found some things to be true for us and some things not.  I love living 3-dimensionally, for learning to be holistic, internalizing the value of everyday practical work, learning crafting skills, experiencing life on a deeper level.  I will say, though, that with my dd (nearly 5.5) that I follow her lead because, honestly, how can one stand against a tidal wave? LOL.  Dd is definitely doing her own seatwork at this age, but it's...
Thanks so much for the opinions.   Can anyone tell me how far each program goes--like from what grade level to what grade level?
This is exactly what I want to do too!  Sorry that I don't have any advice, but I will be watching this thread in hopes that someone else will!  I love Waldorf for the younger years but starting around 4th grade at the latest I'm going to look to transition out of the traditional Waldorf path while still keeping some Waldorf elements--holistic-style, handwork, artistic expression.  Have you looked into Heart of Dakota?  I had heard of them but had never really looked...