or Connect

Posts by LuxPerpetua

Any of the ThinkFun games (shape by shape, rush hour, chocolate fix, etc.)
Great description above.  LE! is very open-ended with a lot of foot-work needed, whereas OM is a lot more spelled out for you.
Hi, Dr. Bob.   Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out!   My daughter is nearly 6 and I have been contemplating what route we should take regarding vaccine boosters.  She was selectively vaxxed but on a delayed schedule from 4 months-15 months (DtaP, Hep B, Polio, HIB, Pc), and she received all doses for these vaccines until 15 months but she has never received MMR, Varicella, or Hep A.  I am wondering if you knew what percentage of immunity she will...
I have a gifted 5.75 year-old and we're Waldorf-inspired.  I think one thing that has been tremendously helpful to me is that I came to Waldorf FROM Unschooling.  I definitely still believe in Unschooling but I think in our modern-day world it wouldn't work as well for us (most work is not as hands-on as in the past, for example), so that led us to the hands-on, artistic approach of Waldorf.  With that said, though, I have a fundamental belief in unschooling.  Dd has...
Thanks, Holiztic!  I have often felt we were in similar boats--except that both my parents and in-laws are the antithesis of Waldorf (I can't remember if it was your parents or in-laws who were super Waldorf--sorry!).  (Just saying that I'm watching your hs-ing journey--or at least what you post on MDC!)  I truly hope OM kindy works well for you!  I'm torn between Christopherus grade 1 and OM grade 1--and probably we'll do a mixture of both.  My dd (5.75) is gifted too...
I'm getting to be a Waldorf curriculum junkie myself!   This is the low-down from my perspective:   Oak Meadow--Waldorf-ish but some people have said it's boring.  They do have a good website and you can see samples.  Looking at their samples I think it still looks pretty good for a basic, holistic curriculum.  I like that it isn't laid out "day by day" but rather in a weekly style, and the illustrations are in color.  It is secular, which for our family is a...
I can't answer many of your questions but we bought a Waldorf doll from MaineArtisen on etsy and she does beautiful work.  Dd is more into "babies" than older-looking dolls, but if you are wanting an older doll, I highly recommend this lady on etsy.  She's very talented.
If you're looking into Enki my understanding is that the foundation guides are the same for all the grades, but the grade materials are different for each grade, so if you want to understand the ins and outs of how Enki works, buy the guides.  Good luck!
ALGF 1st grade and Form Drawing Book SOLD.  Thank you!   The Wise Enchanter and Path of Discovery are still available.
I'm a little confused.  Enki has its own curriculum along with foundational guides that explain the Enki approach.  You can do Waldorf without doing Enki, which it sounds like this may be a point of confusion since you mention Enki alongside Christopherus and Little Acorn Learning.  If you do an Enki curriculum package, you get the foundational guides.  You could also buy the guides and incorporate Enki ideas with other resources like Christopherus.  Is that what you're...