or Connect

Posts by ~Sarah~

YES! We have all been going since DD was about 5 months because of a weird stretching thing she was doing, and her reflux. Both cleared up within about 3 weeks, never came back, and she's doing wonderful! So is DH with his allergies and headaches. I was just going to take her at first, but then realized---why is she the only one who needs a straight spine? I do too! I am a FIRM believer that nothing in your body can be very "right" if the electrical impulses that...
Ha, I totally just threw out all of DD's hollow and squeezy bath toys last week for this same reason! Fuzzy brown stuff here though. We went with plastic buckety things instead.
Go check again if he's crawling! LOL! Seriously, it was hours maybe for us, even less. Same for most of my friends. I'd say crawling is imminent!
I posted something from Farmville and a friend replied that I had too much time on my hands and therefore should be her kids' nanny. I told her that would be great if I could put her kids on pause and step away while I dealt with my own child.
Probiotics. If you exclusively nurse, just wet your nipple a little and dust it with the probiotic powder. After a few weeks of this, you shouldn't ever see it again. ETA: Also try to get in more greens if you're nursing, to keep your acidity down.
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy I'm not because I'm scared they will let me die so they can use my organs. OK, maybe I watched too many bad doctor shows... THEY WILL ABSOLUTELY NEVER LET YOU DIE FOR YOUR ORGANS. Period. I promise you that. Please don't let this be the reason you're not an organ donor. The team of doctors (ER docs) that works on you to save your life is completely separate from the team that then comes in to harvest...
Quote: Originally Posted by dicksonley This might sound ridiculous and maybe I'm just buying into the early reading=success mainstream mantra but I'm worried that my 7 mo DS doesn't like to read...AT ALL! I try to read books to him daily but all he wants to do is eat the book. We stick with board books for this reason though I've tried regular books out of his reach and the result is the same. I've tried reading in bed when we wake up, before and after...
Quote: Originally Posted by texaspeach just remember, this is homeopathy not herbal. and natural does not always mean better or safe. I don't really remember making the distinction? Belladonna *is* a plant, and that's what the homeopathic remedy starts with (as well as chamomile and one other). And I think we all know the adage about natural not necessarily being safe. But if there *is* a safe natural alternative to man-made drugs, isn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by stephbrownthinks you can always buy a babysake mattress cover! they are very affordable (I think around $30) and prevent off gassing. Or, you can follow the directions in this article to wrap the mattress yourself: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-part-two.aspx My husband and I bought the babysake cover for the crib, then decided to wrap our mattress too since the baby will be sleeping in bed with us. Good...
Belladonna/nightshade is like any other drug----take too much, and it's a poison. Take the right amount, and it's a cure. Tylenol will do the same. Only, Belladonna wasn't made in a lab, has been used for thousands of years safely, and is harder to overdose in Hyland's form than other drugs.