or Connect

Posts by ~Sarah~

My 10.5 m-o DD just started eating bread and cheese last week (in addition to pureed fruits and veggies, and oatmeal). Went from gagging on thick oatmeal to shoveling bread into her mouth 4 pieces at a time within a day. You might try that----I think all the whole grains and carbs really fill her up (and make her poop more solid, which is a plus!) and she loves some organic american cheese in little nickel-sized pieces. They're both soft and easily dissolved and easy to...
Great thread! Question: Can you use just baking soda and water, or is there anything harmful to babies about baking soda?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trinitty The majority of children are not sexually assaulted. Therefore: Sexual assault of children is not typical and it is an exception to the rule... the rule being the majority of children who are not sexually assaulted. It is not typical and it is exceptional. I think this is an interesting point in light of these forums: Our children are far, far, far more likely to be sexually abused than they are...
Thanks all!
Quote: Originally Posted by Trinitty Reading this thread is reminding me why I put Protecting the Gift down, finding it a sensationalistic piece of paranoid trash. Typical modern-day dramatization of pain and crime, ala Oprah and Law and Order SVU. Sick. Wow, I found it to be completely the opposite. I felt it helped to put most men in the clear by teaching you how to distinguish *actual* warning signs from those behaviors that are not, in...
Quote: Originally Posted by rightkindofme That is an attitude that is really common and understood by most people. You can think it is over the top but in my family of origin adult men are *never* left alone with female children. Not even the fathers. It's a cultural thing and one that many people agree with. That's really interesting---may I ask what culture this is? I'd love to learn more about the origins of this.
We have a fireplace that has no doors---they must have gotten broken off at some point, and the fireplace is probably 20 years old so it will be a while before we can find doors that fit (I think----unless they're all standard?). Probably will have to have them custom made. Until then, does anyone have any ideas on how to block it up decoratively with something that's relatively easy to get out when we want to use it? Something to discourage DD from getting into...
Quote: Originally Posted by churndash People in this thread are accusing him. It's a very serious thing, to call someone a child molester or a potential child molester. "Mama bear instinct" isn't an excuse for making unsupported, potentially devastating accusations. We can protect our children without calling every male who likes children a child molester. I get your point, and it is a very serious thing. I just don't think that agreeing...
Define singing? My DD (10 m) vocalizes along with her favorite songs, but can't carry a tune and no words. Just babbling in a singsong way.
Quote: Originally Posted by FullMetalMom To anyone who has read Protecting the Gift, what you have described is the classic behavior of a child molester. Not only are warning bells going off in your head, but this man is paying way too much attention to your dd. The touchy feely behavior and taking your dd out of your presence is a HUGE red flag. Trust your instincts that this is not normal. I would in no uncertain terms make it very clear to this...