or Connect

Posts by ~Sarah~

Oh, I think that's exactly it! A chinchilla! Thank you so much!
As in, what kind of animal is she? We can't figure it out! She has a long tail, so obviously not a hamster or whatnot, not long enough to be a ferret, can't be a cat in that tiny cage with the water bottle......so what is she?
Could be retained placenta, too. I had the exact same kind of thing, and that's what it was for me (no breastfeeding problems, either). Sounds like it might be separating a bit. Or it could be nothing. Better to mention it to your midwife or Dr, though, especially if it happens again.
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaToBe Are you sure that the bits of placenta that were removed at 8 weeks post partum were actually placenta and not clots that had formed? Quite sure. All medical professionals involved told me it was, and I saw it myself----pinkish red hamburger meat with black parts and bright white stripes. They didn't D&C blood clots. Thanks for the replies----I guess it's just not something you hear a whole lot...
I'm 8 weeks PP, had a tough time with the placenta after delivery (wouldn't come, then when it did it was incomplete, midwife got the chunk that separated), but after that everything was fine. I've been breastfeeding well---definitely no oversupply issues, but no undersupply issues either (in the last week or two it's been feeling a little low, but baby seems fine and doesn't eat more frequently or anything). She's at totally average weight. During my whole 3rd...
Quote: Originally Posted by The4OfUs I just watched the video accompanying the product, and I have to say the thing that bugged me the most about it was the moms all saying "good boy!" "good job!" about it -I just don't get why this is something an infant or toddler needs to be able to do; just because they can be taught something, doesn't mean they should. I just don't get super early academics. And I can't stand the "good boy/girl" thing, it reminds...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna mmm, not so much, for me. I don't teach babies to roll over. I don't teach them to crawl. I don't teach them to walk. It could be argued that we teach them to talk by talking to them.... Really? So you didn't hold them while they bore weight on their legs, then kept them from falling while they practiced balancing, then held their hands while they toddled around? You only talked to your baby, you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Critty My question is why on earth do you want your baby to read? There are so many creative, sensory things to do with babies than teaching them to read. It just sounds like another product to "push" kids ahead and to have something to brag about - more about the parents, KWIM? Babies, toddlers and preschoolers need to play and use their imagination. I am also not going to teach my baby how to do my taxes when that...
Quote: Originally Posted by JollyGG Here is a past thread about it. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...707&highlight= Basically research shows that most readers even out by third grade (with the exception of self taught early readers). So the child who didn't learn to read until 7-8 and the kid who was taught at two are going to be in roughly the same place in third grade. So therefore teaching your baby to read would likely have no long term...
I literally never touched DD's and hers fell off at 5 days. I just pretended it wasn't there, pretty much, and only looked maybe once a day. Otherwise I would have probably obsessed over it!