or Connect

Posts by ~Sarah~

Nobody?
We spoon, so that I'm not nervous about her smothering in my boobs (she always rolls to one side or another). Plenty of fresh air that way, too!
At week 28 of my pregnancy, I ordered my Hypnobabies self-study kit and slowly began listening to the CDs, stretching out the first few lessons and just taking my time so as not to overwhelm myself with it. I was not entirely faithful to the schedule, and struggled with the deep hypnosis/"Off switch" mode until I was able to create my "Center Switch" mode and felt free to briefly allow myself to move and itch. I developed a case of PUPPPs on my belly during the last few...
My little girl has quite the little fat roll around her neck, and when wearing her in the Moby in the cradle hold, there's definitely a finger between her chin bone and her chest, but the fat rolls fill in a lot of the space. Is this okay? She's not grunting, but making the little sleepy squeal sometimes when she exhales (which she does outside the wrap, too). She's otherwise very happy. TIA!
Quote: Originally Posted by SaraC It was sort of for me. With DD #1 I couldn't figure out how to nurse her any other way. It worked but it was a pain once she was bigger and it was hard to NIP for me. We eventually got the cradle hold down but she was like 4 months old. I would just keep at what you are doing and occasionally try different holds if you want. That's exactly why I was wanting to be able to use the cradle hold----plus, the...
I don't really know a better term to use than "overused." I started using the hold at about 4 days because she latched on so much better and actively eats soooo much more than with the cradle holds. With those, it takes 4 sucks or so per swallow, but with FB hold it's 1-1. But every time I try the other holds now, she's still not getting the hang of it and I feel a little awkward helping her to the nipple (in terms of shaping it to her mouth so she gets more in while...
Is it normal for newborn babies to have cool/cold hands, no matter how warm the rest of their bodies are? Mine is always covered from neck to feet, besides hands, and sometimes even has a hat on, but always at least has cool hands----and they're cold when she sleeps. Making me feel bad for her! Is it okay?
Quote: Originally Posted by twinsplusone1 I was using them in the hospital and decieded I was sick of this non natural feeling so I ditched them altogether and just helped DS latch on and just a few days later it was fine. No need...keep it in mind Yeah, it's not a latch issue, it's a "nipples hurt like hell" issue. I wish I could use nothing. Thanks for the reassurance, Halfasianmomma. Good to know someone else was as dependent on them...
Just wondering if there's anything wrong with only ever wearing nipple guards, instead of nursing pads of any kind, and wearing the guards 24-7? I've been using them since day 1 or 2 because the nipples got pretty sore pretty quick, and have tried the cotton cloth ones and also the contoured disposable ones for a little while, but they always dry the nipples out and stick to them regardless of how much lanolin I put on them. Am I encouraging thrush or anything else like...
I had PUPPPs during the last few weeks of pregnancy, but now, every day PP (4 days so far) I break out in hives on my hips and bum. Horrible itching, am using cortisone cream and Sarna to control it. Is it hormones? Will be asking my midwife on Monday, but wanted some ideas in the meantime. TIA!