or Connect

Posts by ~Sarah~

3 hours!!!!! That's inspiring! Congratulations, and well done!
Quote: Originally Posted by BabyBump I've been really bad about posting personals on everyone baby announcements! Congrats to everyone!! Same here! Huge congrats!
Starting the new thread because it's 3AM EST. And I'm awake and bored. So, my question: does losing bits of your mucus plug count when it's because of straining during a BM? I've lost some twice today because of that. Was about 2cm last Wednesday and "real thin." It wasn't bloody, but it doesn't have to be, right? I hope this thread is slow today because we're all giving birth! 13 is a very lucky number!
I had the itching and RLS at first, too, and was worried that I couldn't do it, but then I found that I could get through the scripts if I envisioned each word as it was being said, as if it was on a computer screen or something, instead of actually listening to what it was saying. I just concentrated on seeing big blue words pop up on a black background, and played with their size and duration a little bit. I didn't pay attention to what was being said. Then, I got to...
Quote: Originally Posted by *Amy* I'm going to go listen to my hypnobabies birth-day affirmations CD Yay! Hello, fellow HypnoBabies Mama! Remember to use your lightswitch!
Jumping in to a chat thread for the first time to say that if this child doesn't come soon, my belly is going to be scratched raw!!!! No PUPPS or anything----just insane stretching! It was so slow and gradual up to this point, I didn't even get stretch marks. Now I've got a belly full of them and it's why it's driving me crazy with itching! If not for Gold Bond medicated lotion, I'd never get a break. But that only works for a few hours, tops. Sorry, just had to...
To get you started, there's an awesome website (run by a member here, IIRC) that has a TON of positive birth stories---both pain-free and "comfortable" births. They're divided as such, and sub-divided for things like VBACs, First-Time Moms, etc. http://pregnancybirthandbabies.com/P...th_stories.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by scrappingmom I'd have DH call after delivery, not toooo soon but soon enough for family to feel its not "old news coming late". Oh, that's what I forgot to mention: part of the way I thought of to make her and them feel better about not being there was to webcast the birth. It's a dual thing---they will feel better about staying away, and my family (all out-of-town) will feel closer and more involved. We're...
Quote: Originally Posted by The4OfUs I'm still thinking you can do this really gracefully and politely, but firmly. I really hope that it can go down like that----that would be ideal! What I'm basing some of my expectations on are the experience I had a few months ago, letting MIL know that we really appreciate a phone call before people stop by, so that we can tidy up just a bit (like not having dirty dishes on the coffee table and whatnot)...
I can't believe no one has mentioned the "Labor Salad!" Maybe they did and I missed it.... I've been eating it for a week because it's just a nice combo of leafy greens, and I need to keep things moving down there with my iron supplements. Well, and also on the off-chance that it actually works. My midwife actually gave me a handout on "things to encourage dilation and labor" and EPO was on it (it said 3 caps per day vaginally----way more than I would think to...