or Connect

Posts by CatsMom129

Quote: Originally Posted by justKate Is there any possibility that the leader would include a GD-friendly book as a part of the group's reading list? It might be neat to compare/contrast the different discipline styles. Having a basis for comparison would also add depth to the discussion, teach tolerance of others' decisions, that all people (even little ones) are deserving of respect, etc. Maybe you could have some suggested reading on hand...I'm sure...
I looked at the website, and didn't see anything in SD.
I'd like a meet-up if it's on a weekend. I'm in the Sherman Heights area (near downtown, just south of Golden Hill).
You might want to check out Java Mama, a cafe designed for families with young children. They are re-opening on May 5th after a recent move. The new address is: 9880 Hibert Street Suite E3 San Diego, 92131 Website: http://www.javamama.com/ I haven't been to Legoland, so I can't help there. But last time I went to Sea World, I did find a nursing room near the Bay of Play. I have also nursed my dd as she stood in the stands during the dolphin show. I used a...
Quote: Originally Posted by choochootrain We will be getting her to a therapist in the late summer, when my husband starts his new job. Glad to hear she'll be starting counseling soon. In the meantime, you may want to consider guided imagery or meditation to help her regulate her emotions. Here's a link to some kid's products: http://www.healthjourneys.com/MainCategory.aspx?mcid=13. Also, have you tried yoga, or anything similar? And,...
You don't *need* to read anything, but you might enjoy How Weaning Happens by Diane Bengson. It's a good book on long-term nursing and gentle weaning, including child-led weaning.
Here's a new one: The other day my 2-two-old was looking for the hammer on her hammer-and-peg set. Then she said: “Mommy, can’t find my hammer anywhere...." She thought for a moment, the said something like, "I know...ask super-nana’s! Nana’s know everything.” Wow! Wish the nana could live up to that one!
Quote: Originally Posted by Heavenly : My kids are in Christian school so I'm glad I wouldn't have to deal with this situation. Maybe your kids will never hear this kind of lesson, but that does not mean kids at their school never discuss this kind of thing. My sister tells a story from when she went to a Christian school, and granted, this was in another time and place, but anyway.... She says when she was in third grade, one of her...
Na-na's! As is "Na-na's time, mommy!" or "Na-na's taste good!"
As for books, I'll recommend a couple classics that I've found helpful: How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish Adventures In Gentle Discipline by Hilary Flower Hope that helps!