or Connect

Posts by springmum

Hi everyone - I don't know if anyone still checks this?   I thought I'd do a quick update - things are going well here. Little one isn't so little - 15 1/2 lbs at his 3 month check up, I love all his rolls! He is still really happy and just wants to sit/be propped up to see all the action. He's rolled a couple of time from back to belly, but not consistent yet - it seems that things are going so fast! I seriously cannot believe how tickleish he is - his giggles are...
No problem, they didn't ask if my DS had none, some etc. I just filled out the form, they signed it, no questions asked.  Once he's "caught up" you can always give the school that info for his files then.
Thanks ladies..excuse typos...NAK Am I remembering right that the ped Dt has thermisol? My son is  very wild and active 4.5 years old....cuts and scraps a regular thing, so is getting dirty at the farm. In a perfect world every little cut and scrap would get cleaned immediately and properly, but there is too much potential and deep puncture wound opportunities up there.  I'd like to get it for his 5th year checkup He's too old to get the combo with the Hib, and he...
Wondering if anyone has any insight for me as I try to sort this out.   I'm in Canada (ontario) and my son recieved a 5 in 1 combo at 2.5 months (DTaP-IPV-Hib) he had prolonged high pitched screaming that afternoon for about 2 hours, so we stopped vaccinating him.   The problem is that we frequent a farm/farm settings (rodeo's etc) very often and it's just a matter of time before he gets a wound that doesn't get cleaned right away (right now my watchful eye gets...
Just popping in really quickly....Silly - DS sleeps great for naps on his belly too - I've been doing it for a long time now BUT, I have one of those angel care monitors that I have under his mattress in the pack and play (detects no breathing...) I know it works for sure and I check him regularly. He sleeps on his back at night (starts in the pack and play, then in bed with me) b/c I don't like being asleep while he's like that even with the monitor. I will say the...
Ladyleah - sorry it's been a little rough! My 4 year old has had a couple of back to back big ones too, and I totally know the cracked bleeding hands! Now the baby is sick :( Just a cold, I think it's actually from me...a day when I was stuffed up this week. I've had no sleep the last 2 nights helping him clear the congestion (thank goodness I found a good aspirator), but I can't complain in light of what has happened in CT. I'm so sorry about your husbands contact with...
There's an echo in here....where is everyone, our group has more than 200 members?! It would be nice to get more support and share more stories :)   Vegan - not sure about the poop - we're still pretty yellow, mucousy, seedy here at 8 weeks. DS1 never had a normal poop, so I don't know what normal is - ha ha! Congrat's for getting to the boob full time! You really had it tough, it must feel so good now :)   Tongue tie issues look like they are resolved over...
We're doing a kind of sidecar setup for part of the night too. I was finding that my first stretch of sleep I sleep really deeply and not feeling that I was safely co-sleeping. For the first 1 or 2 stretches after I go to bed (which are still only about 2 hours, the nurse and right back to sleep) I put him in his bed, then later he comes in with me. He sleeps about the same either way, though I'm wondering if his early morning grunting would be less if he was still in...
So sweet! Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the world Elfyn :)
Thanks Silly - that's good to know it doesn't seem to stay with them - it's heartbreaking for sure :(