or Connect

Posts by springmum

Another one not sleeping well here. Magnesium also helps me get to sleep a little quicker after all the wake-ups, but if DS really wakes me (or DH has a coughing fit like he's had for a couple of nights now) or something then it takes forever for me to get back to sleep. I also wake every night at 4 hungry ( even though I have a huge before bed snack). Even if I'm only a little hungry and try to ignore it, I never get back to sleep - so I've learned if I'm waking at 4, I...
We found a vinyl/pvc free one large enough for the bed. Actually we have 2, 1 for baby bed, 1 for ours - they worked really well (yes they got tested many times - ha ha!) It was from a place here in Canada though, but I'm sure there are more local places for you. I didn't know Ikea has PVC free ones Azohri - thanks for that. Our baby mattress is non toxic, and has some wool in it, but the pads covered it nicely and we rarely had issues with getting a mess on it. For...
Pregnova - yikes, that sounds like a bad one! There does seem to be a fine balance with all these minerals and hydration - hope you find the trick!   Took DS to a playground today that has one of those rubber surfaces. Don't know if you guys have them where you are. They are really great for falls, but they stink in the hot sun!! The other ladies I was with couldn't smell it, but my preggo nose was like eeewww....I can just imagine what chemicals come out of them. So...
Vegan - that shower does sound really nice. I have friends that want to do something meaningful or me, but I'm feeling weird about it. I don't like things that put a lot of attention on me, and I feel like everyone is going to be really busy when school is back and I hate to take up peoples' time....maybe I'm strange...   Pregnova - the breastfeeding is giving me some pause too, based on our last problems. I have a lactation consultant already set up, so at least I...
Pregnova - that does sound low! This guy is low always, but not low enough for that pressure feeling or to give me cervical twinges. I'm a couple of weeks behind you though, so we'll see.   Vegan - this little guy sleeps through the night usually too. He does get rather upset and gives me some swift kicks and stretches if I go the bathroom and move around too much when I get back in bed. DS was the same though, and I wish I could say that he even sleeps through the...
Great reason for a thread!   As I unpack them I wash before putting anything away. So far I've got all our baby clothes up to 6 months and the swing cover washed and put away (for about a month? I've got 9 weeks left) I figure they'll stay clean in the drawers their in, and I don't want to be doing lots of laundry when I'm huge and hating the washer/dryer - ha ha! Our storage is not in our house though and we had to change storage units about a month ago, so don't...
Angel - yay for being in the house with working internet! Joy - that herbal bath sounds really nice!    Dandy's blog has really been wonderful - I keep thinking about them, and it's so nice to see them doing well - what a journey!   Pumpkin hats sound like fun! I'm feeling crafty, but don't want to start anything new yet in case I get too many things on the go.   I got a big pregnancy slap in head last night. Took DS out for a walk and was feeling pretty...
Vegan - I was having UTI symptoms (including the beginning stages of kidney infection symptoms) so they did a dip in office and sent a sample to be properly cultured at the lab. Then they specified which abx would be appropriate, and they could do a colony count (high or low etc) I've never had a UTI in my entire life, so this was very new and very upsetting :( My urine hasn't been dipped or cultured since, and likely won't be unless I ask specifically or have anything...
you guys are convincing me to try prefolds again. I just couldn't get it right with DS and gave up on them and went to AIO's, pockets and OS's which worked well, but were huge on a newborn. I had the bummis whisper wraps before but really want to get a wool cover this time. Thoughts on hemp vs bamboo vs cotton for the prefolds? I think I'll definitely pick up some bummi's How many wool covers should I have in rotation? (I think I have 3 whisper wraps) If they...
I think your worries are realistic. I wouldn't have put too much thought into it if I hadn't had a UTI caused by GBS at 11 weeks. In my reading that puts me at a 4x higher risk for passing it on to baby, scary enough for me (I also know someone who almost lost their baby to GBS) My midwives policy b/c of that risk is that I automatically need abx in labour (and I can't have a homebirth b/c of this too) That and Dandy's experience of preterm labour due to GBS have made...