or Connect

Posts by springmum

Where is everyone! I'm exhausted! Sick DS1 (very!) and DS2 had his posterior lip tie clipped :( Actually I cried more than he did! The aftercare is NOT fun though.... They wouldn't do the lip tie - didn't believe it was part of the issue -sigh....we'll see on that. Nursing hasn't been a great improvement yet either and it so frustrating to see him constantly off and on, choking, clicking, gulping and now not nursing for more than 5 min's b/c he gets so much air in...
I was very prone to mastitis with DS1 and had a couple of nasty red patches already with this little guy and never ever felt a palpable lump. My LC said some people just have stickier milk with smaller lumps sometimes. I take evening primrose oil actually to act the same as lecithin and keep the blood flowing well.  If you ever notice the red patches starting this is what I do. Just before nursing get a washcloth and stand over the sink with the warm/hot running. Then...
Okay, does anyone else have a baby that is too curious to be in the carriers when awake? This little monkey always wants to stick his head out (like doing a pushup on my chest) to look around while he's in the sling or moby. He's tall, so when I tuck him in the sling (upright, newborn hold) his head is out and bouncing all over the place. In the Moby he won't stay tucked under the fabric and his head is bouncing around while he tries to look around, and he doesn't like...
Silly - you're not alone! That's what us mama's are for - a good shoulder or some hopefully helpful suggestions!! DS nurses every 1-2 hours around the clock too. He's also very gassy which wakes him a lot at night - I think part of the reason I'm nursing him "too much" at night, is b/c he wakes himself up gassy and wants to nurse again. I"m so tired that I just nurse him (in bed) so I can go back to sleep quicker - we get desperate without sleep! We are already cow...
That sounds like a really tiring experience! Glad to hear all turned out well in the end and Congratulations on your sweet girl :)
  Can I just say that it's posts like these that make me so thankful to be part of a forum like this :) I'll explain why in a moment..... Really though, just coming on and sharing our experiences can open up support for someone else going through the same thing, information for someone who's never heard of it before etc. It can save a nursing relationship if you hear what someone else is going through and think it may be what you're experiencing. It can also save your...
Well, I'm doing a combo of disposables and cloth - this little guy poops at least a little bit almost ever hour, so we go through a lot of diapers and when we're out or overnight disposables are just easier for my sanity with the poop. He also HATES a wet or poopy cloth diaper, but at least can tolerate a disposable in case I can't get to him right away.   The prefolds I have are good, but he is really heavy wetter so they don't last long. The Kissauluv's are also...
I'm mostly using the moby when we're out and am loving it, though I find I need to get it set up before I leave, b/c doing it in a parking lot or somewhere where the ends drag isn't as fun.   I have a sling that I prefer for around the house, but don't always feel like his head is secure in the upright position...maybe it's just my sling?   I have a beco for when he's a little bigger that I'm looking forward to, but I'm drooling over the new Beco's that have all...
Pregnova - I could have written your post about the oversupply/letdown problems exactly. Except that it's giving my little guy a lot of gas, mucousy poops and making him nurse 1-2 hours around the clock. I'm also VERY prone to plugged ducts even he only misses one nursing session - so it's really hard....   He wakes himself up grunting and farting (at least it's not making him cry) and then he wants to nurse back to sleep. I wish I could let him just grunt himself...
Vegan - you've been through a lot so far - you're an amazing mama for sticking through all of that for your little girl. I hope it's smooth sailing from here on!   I still have a good size crack in one of my nipples from a latching accident last week. It's not healing, but not getting worse. It's extremely painful when he latches on. I'm slathering on calendula and coconut in between feeds, but he nurses every 1-2 hours around the clock so it's not getting much rest....