or Connect

Posts by dinan6

Hello Dready Mama's. I'm wondering how do your dreads feel to the touch? Mine are itchy, dry feeling, scratchy. I sometimes put conditioner on them some natural stuff I have. My dreads are 18 months. But I'm wondering if this is how they are supposed to feel.They don't feel that much softer after using the conditioner. So if you do get them feeling softer how do you do it? MoonStarFalling I totally get the wanting to shave the head. At times even this early on in...
Hi there, I moved to Virginia from Northern California 7 years ago. I checked out the facebook page, asked to join. I'm always looking to make some new friendships.
Hey there dready mama's. Hope you all are doing well. I have not checked in for a while so here goes. I'm going on 17 months with my dreads. I started them when my hair was pretty short, above my shoulders. Hopefully when I post the pictures it works. This is a pic with my oldest. This was the best one with most recent dreads. I can't wait until they start getting long.
Chicky2 they look wonderful. I also want to wrap more of mine. I love that look. I found a girl in a salon that has maintained dreads before so I went to her and had her clean mine up. I need to take a picture. But before I had her do them they were really crazy, and lots of loose hairs. So they look a little less crazy now I really don't know if I like it better. Anyways I don't have much time, so love the pictures.  
Hey there, I was wondering if any of you would go to a 4 day festival by yourself.. Camping, hopefully VIP ticket. I have no one around me to go with but really want to go to ALL GOOD this year, have never been and it looks great. Thanks
Hi there Mama's Chicky 2 some of my ends blunted themselves, but the ones in the back underneath I had a friend round out. I also like those ones. I love your bun, your dreads are beautiful. Welcome to all the new Mama's.. Majikfaerie, love the picture. Glad to see you post it's been a while. Samuraimom, loved the posts from your daughter. To cute, especially the "I love Justin Beiber" one. made me laugh.   Kristen, sorry for the ignorance of people. That is...
Narn, I would love to see a picture of yours.   meamoaristeyo, my husband was really supportive of me dreading my hair. I think he likes that my crazy freakiness is on the outside now. But he is a bit dread shy now, I miss him playing with my hair. I don't know if he really "loves" them but he seems to "like" them fine. Really I had that feeling that it was time for me to dread my hair and that's what I did. I didn't want to put stuff like that off for myself...
Oh, I wanted to also say that I love the live journal community Get up Dread up, really a great site.
Hey there Dready Mama's, I'm at 1 year...  Here is a picture of my dreads from behind, I added some pink color on 2 of them for fun. Let me know what you think. I really have done very little maintenance. They were started with backcombing and some twist & rip. I hope it's ok to post the picture right into the message. If not let me know, I can do different next time.. And since I shared a picture why don't you all share one to. We can all enjoy all of our dreads....
SamuraiMom, I think its common for them to loosen up a bit before they start tightening up. Mine did that I waited until maybe 7 months in to redo some just to see what they were going to do. The ends of mine were very loose forever. I just kept separating them so they didn't grow into one big huge dread. Also the back of my hair underneath has taken a year to lock up and still not all of it is contained in a dread. That was driving me crazy but I just ignore. I'm one...