or Connect

Posts by dinan6

We bought a metal frame from ikea last year for my dd. It is very sturdy and we just put our box frame and mattress with it, worked out well. hth....
I kind of missed it the other night, when my hubby and I were messing around... He went to play with my hair, like to run his fingers through it and ended up with a handful of dreads..... That got me thinking ohh thats one thing I will miss but not enough to go back...
I had a dream that I was standing in line for something and two ladies were behind me talking about my dreads. One of the ladies said she could fix my ends, which at the moment are loose so she then took one of my dreads and did something like burnt it with a cigarette or fire and then walked away.. My one dread was all nubby on the end... Very weird.. I have a question for you all, when you first had dreaded or started to dread did you have a period of missing certian...
It seems from the previous posts that my babies stop early.. I let my last two babies decide and my dd was 16 months, I was pregnant so that may have helped in the decision for her.. One day she just didn't want to nurse, it was so quick I was sad.. As with my ds he is 14 months and just didn't want to nurse one day.. I was surprised and kept offering but he didn't want it.. I do think that my supply was declining and he would get frustrated when nursing.. I do miss it and...
Thanks for the information... I am really enjoying watching them change.. and so happy I did them.. I'm a bit obsessed at the moment. I'll keep posting on my progress...
Hi there everyone, I'm going on my 2nd week of my dreads... I'm really enjoying all this craziness on my head. My hair was straight and a little fine. I always hated how it was to thin, not long enough, too short, not straight enough, to frizzy.. I have never really been happy with how it was at the moment.. But these dreads feel good, feel right.. I feel more like me then ever before.. It does seem strange that I feel so good when my hair is so crazy, unruly looking... I...
I had a question for you ladies, if you back combed to start your dreads did you use bands or something to hold them for a while. I had a friend section my hair, and am starting to back comb but was having the ends work themselves out a bit. thanks in advance.... also how long before you did your first wash?
Hi there, I had a homebirth with my 4th.. Here are my births; first was natural birthing center, 2nd was c-section, 3rd was hospital vbac, 4th was homebirth. I think you will be fine, just make sure you find someone that has a ton of experience and is comfortable with doing a vbac. I used a midwife here in norther virginia her name is Peggy Franklin for my homebirth, for my vbac, which I really had to fight for I used Dr. Tchabo at Virginia hospital in alexandria. Hope...
Hi everyone, my dh & I have decided to take a 4 day or so trip just us... I'm very excited, I think it's been 7 years since just him and I have gotten away.. So we are looking for a cool vacation spot.. Anyone now of any please share... we are willing to drive, and maybe even fly.. We are open to any options right now.. We live in northern virginia and want to go in mid March... maybe somewhere south so it's a bit warmer... thanks in advance..
My neighbor has a top load without the agitator, she is not happy with it.. Sorry I don't know the brand but one thing that bothers her is her clothes get all knotted up because of no agitator.. This happens when she washes jeans. I think that it has damaged some items of clothing. hth...