or Connect

Posts by dinan6

I also grew up in an alcoholic home, have been greatly affected by alcoholism.. It's true for me as others have said that I feel my Mom was more responsible for keeping us there, she really was not putting our best interest first by staying. I have been in al anon for many years, maybe you should check them out. It is a great way to get the support needed when living in these situations. I do believe that children should be protected and think that many adults don't put...
I wore/wear my babies on my back... also when they are in a high chair I would pull that in the general kitchen area near me and give little finger foody treats or odds and ends spoons/spatulas stuff like that to keep them occupied..
When he first latches on and starts nursing then pulls off can you see if there is milk around his mouth or still leaking out of your nipple also does he gag or choke.. Maybe it is forceful letdown, so when your milk comes down it is alot or too much for him to handle. I'm wondering if that is why he is pulling off like that. To help that you can latch him on and then lay back to have gravity work for you and helping the milk slow a bit. Or lay on your side and feed him...
Hey can someone suggest a soap, shampoo or other product I can use to strip my hair... I'm starting on my dready journey and have stopped using conditioner and combing but need to also stop with my shampoo that I'm sure leaves some kind of residue....I'm having a friend do the backcomb method in a few days... I'm excited but scared...isn't that silly maybe scared is not the right word, nervous of the outcome maybe better... Anyways, I love all the pictures of you ladies...
I do not work outside of the home so my week days are open if anyone wants to meet up somewhere. I have a 4 month old and a 2 year old.. My 10 year old and 15 year old are in school during the day...They will be out soon for summer Anyways, I would love to meet up at a park somewhere...
Last year we bought a used Toyota Sienna 2005, it came with a toyota certified used vehicle thingy... This year is one of the highest rating for this van... We love it, researched it well...Check out consumer reports for finding a used vehicle, they rate everything on the cars... good luck..
Hello ladies, We missed the play date also.. Sunday's are hard for me, that is the begining of my husbands weekend so we are usually doing family stuff.. I will try to aim for the july one, because the one in June we will be at the beach and also that is fathers day if it matters to anyone... can't wait to meet everyone..
My dd's feet turned inward when she was first walking. She would start out walking fine and then they would turn and she would trip over her feet, she tripped all the time. My Ped said to waite and that it should self correct with the more walking she did and the bigger she got.. So, it is a lot better but recently I noticed she's starting to do it again and she is over 2 so I may take her in to be checked.. He said that they sometimes do night time braces for the feet....
I'm in Haymarket and would love to meet other mama's from here... I'm a little crunchy and learning more all the time.. I have a 2 year old and 3 month old..
Making sure that your baby is latching on correctly will help with the soreness... So, if you find yourself cracking, bleeding that kind of thing change position and really check the latch... You should find your local La Leche League they have meetings and you can get some numbers of members to call for help, they are very helpful and it's nice to meet other Mama's that are like minded.