or Connect

Posts by bluegirl91695

I've never seen one either. I didn't need to watch to know that I was going to keep my son intact. In fact, when a practitioner told me that I shouldn't be with my son during a circumcision because I wouldn't want to see it, I knew then and there that I couldn't put my son through it. If it was too horrible for me to OBSERVE, then how could I in good conscience make a decision for him to EXPERIENCE it. Anyway, the more I learn about circumcision, the angrier I get that it...
Great news!!! It's even better when it's family!
I started talking with ds at an early age about feelings and how our behavior affects how others feel. Even at that age I would discuss with him how snatching toys may make his friends feel sad or upset.
I am certainly no expert with this and since my 3 yr old is my first child and I wasn't raised with GD, I'm kind of feeling my way through this. What I try to do is just communicate, communicate, communicate. I'm not going to spank, so communication and redirection are the best solutions for me. When my son has an altercation/disagreement with another child I just try to redirect the situation to feelings and an attempt to shape his reactions. For instance, in the...
One of my best friends is finding out the gender of her baby next week and I'm hoping that it's a girl. She told me in October that the baby would be circumcised if it were a boy and refused to talk about the option of not circumcising him. So, even though they really want a boy, I am hoping for a girl. I haven't told her that, though.
I like the snuggles and closeness like everyone else. What I also like is seeing and hearing him laugh when he's dreaming. It's so cute!
I'm sorry. I would probably talk to her, too. I recently went through this with one of my best friends. I thought it was odd that she called early in the morning when I was getting to work. She was calling to tell me that she was pregnant but that they weren't even trying. She knows that it took 3+ years and an IUI to conceive DS and knows that I've been TTC #2 for the last 2 years but doesn't know that I'm currently undergoing treatment again. I know that she doesn't...
I don't remember being asked more than once at the hospital, however, we were charged for a circumcision on our hospital bill. When circumcision came up with one of our midwives during the prenatal visits, it became ugly. She became visibly upset and very defensive when we discussed the reasons that we were considering not circumcising our son. She denounced the AAP and AMA for their statement that it wasn't medically necessary and then proceeded to pass judgement on us...
We have been dealing with these questions for a long time and are unsure who to select for guardianship. We are considering parenting style, strength of the current relationship with our son, age, financial security, location, etc. My husband's parents (dad and step-mom) are almost 70 and travel all the time so we feel that having a small child would definitely cramp their style. In addition, they are not supportive of our parenting style. My mom is more supportive of...
My 3 year old will be one of many Spidermans out there on Halloween. I wanted to do a family theme and have matching/complementing costumes but the Spidergirl/Spiderwoman costumes are all very skimpy and not family friendly, in my opinion. I guess I could possibly be MJ and my dh could be a villian of some sorts.