or Connect

Posts by rumi79

Yes, Dr. Lopez is the only one in the practice. I haven't called for any emergencies so I am not sure how they are handled but they told me that there is an after hours service which gets your call and after that the Dr. calls you back.
Dr. Lopez is great! We've been there for two well visits so far, and no pressure at all. All they do is ask you in the beginning of the appointment do you want a vax or not, no comments, no trying to convince you. He made me sign a waiver though at my first appointment, but so everybody else requires it around here, I decided to do it in order to keep them away from vax-ing. He didn't ask me to sign one for my 4 yo DS because he had all his shots up until 2 yo, and the...
Yes, I agree that Rainbow are ridiculous. I chose them first because of your post and my midwife recommended Dr. Dierkes, but we went there only for the 1 week check up. They made me wait 1 hour with a newborn and my 4 year old DS before we got into a room. After that we waited another 15-20 minutes and in the end we couldn't see Dr.Dierkes because he went to the hospital for a visitation. I was pretty upset that day.
I found this thread and decided to bump it up. I am still dealing with unresolved grief after my HBAC transfer which ended up in a c-section. I want more children but I am not sure I want to be pregnant again and go through labor. I feel like I have failed both of my children. It hurts a lot and I just want to be at peace with myself. All I wanted is to give the best possible birth to my sons. And both times they ended up with c-sections. DS1 was taken to NICU for...
My transfer was due to running a fever after 20 hrs of ROM and history of GBS+ with previous birth. I was also a HBAC and had really hard time dilating, baby's head was tilted, overall there was this feeling that something is not quite right.
Just wanted to thank Think of Winter for suggesting Dr. Lopez. I took my newborn and 4 year old there and he was awesome. He asked me sign a waiver but I don't care much about it anyway. I loved him! Pretty laid back and interactive with the kids.    
Oh congratulations on your "little" one! Good job and I wish you fast recovery!   I know how you feel because I went through the same thing - "failed" HBAC and a repeat c-section. And even though I was disappointed in the first days from my body, I feel good about myself and the birth experience now, a month later. And you're absolutely right - sometimes we don't have much control over how things happen and our children decide on their own how to enter this...
Thank you for sharing your stories ladies! I am sorry you had to go through the same maddening experience. I am getting better day by day, it is true that I am still too raw, but things are getting together in my mind gradually. I got my Operative report yesterday and it doesn't say CPD as a reason. Just previous c-section and FTP. So even the OBGYN who was so adamant about baby being too big for me to be birthed vaginally didn't say it oficially that's the reason for...
Neveraim, thank you so much! You give me hope. Unfortunatelly, my husband is not very supportive but I have time to figure it out. Hopefully, he will change as well. I just wanted to say that I admire you. You are such an amazing woman - strong and determined! Your kids are lucky to have you for their mother. I really doubt it for myself if I will be able to endure three days with strong contractions when I was screaming for help after only 20 hrs. May be I am not...
I have 2 csections with my boys which went in a pretty similar way.   First one - 2007 failed hospital "natural" birth. My son was 1 week post EDD, born 8pds 12 oz, 21 1/4 in after 24 hrs labor. I went in labor on my own, nice strong contractions, but I went to the hospital too early and they didn't like the way I was progressing. So after 10 hrs they put me on Pit and broke my water. I couldn't handle the pain after that so I asked for epidural. The epidural didn't...