or Connect

Posts by Shann

Could you try putting barettes in his hair to help hold back the bangs? I have done that with my boys' bangs (cause I also hate cutting them !) and it seems to work out great !
Good for you ! Stand your ground on this ! Luckily, I dont have any family members who dislike my boys' long hair...for me its just strangers that give me problems. But I would stay firm on the hair thing with the IL's...if they happen to cut his hair against your wishes, then it would be BYE BYE for them !
I also enjoy putting my boys' hair up in ponytails (sometimes in the back, but more often in double ones on each side of their heads). This works even better cause it shows off their earrings. Do they look girly? Not to me, but in either case, I dont really care....and they dont either. They LOVE their long hair and enjoy whatever I do to it. Theyboth have shoulder length hair and I dont intend to cut more then a couple millimeters off in trim just to keep it from...
A couple of you mentioned socks. I also don't allow my kids to wear socks. I have this strong hatred for socks, esp. with sneakers. So they never wear socks during the rare times they have sneakers on. I just detest that ! Sometimes meddling relatives will buy socks for the boys, which I humbly accept. But they always end up in the trash, because my boys dont wear them (and dont want to wear them). We are a proud sockless and shoeless family ! ...
We also dont do the "Santa thing" in our house. But we also dont do the "jesus thing" at christmas either (we are firmly atheist and raising the kids that way too...please dont lecture us on this point...it wont do any good). We celebrate the season as a good time to show people you love and appreciate them by giving gifts. So we get equally irritated both when people say things to our kids about Santa and when they make comments about jesus. My kids dont know any more...
My 2 boys (ages 5 and 7) LOVE to go barefoot almost all year ! In the house, they have their shoes off all year round; in the summer, they never put shoes on. I have never had a problem with this, as this is the way I was raised too. In fact, in the summer, once school is finished for the summer, the shoes come off and are put away for the whole summer and dont go back on their feet until the next fall (my choice, their delight !). We avoid places all summer where...
Yes, DEFINITELY DON'T stop your daughter from masturbating like this, as stopping her may cause more trauma than letting her continue. In fact, make sure that she knows that it is very OK to do that, BUT in her own private times. I would find an object for her to use (like the doll's head) so that she could carry it with her and pleasure herself with it whenever she felt the need. My two sons (ages 5 and 7) have enjoyed masturbating from early on and I have never...
Both of my sons (ages 5 and 7 have long hair and always have ! Neither one wants to get theirs cut (although I do VERY slight trims every few months). I wouldn't THINK of traumatizing either of my boys by getting their hair cut ! They would have a FIT ! They both have hair to their shoulders and both wear long bangs. Yes, I have had comments from people, but I just comment right back and don't let it bother me at all. I guess I can mildly understand the confusion...