or Connect

Posts by beingmommy

I feel that vaxes may cause some food allergies but in the case of my DS (29 months) he is 100% unvaxed and still has severe peanut and sesame allergies as well as gluten-intolerance. Anyone else have an unvaxed child with severe food allergies? I am wondering if anyone has and if they think that maybe having an unvaxed child might increase their chances of outgrowing a food allergy? Just curious. All of the allergy boards I visit have mostly pro-vax parents who...
Thanks, Louisep! It is so sweet of you to say I am a good momma. We all need to hear that sometimes. Don't worry about feeling at the end of your rope at 10.5 months. I have been many times. It's definitely getting worse as my DS gets older just because I think my sleep deficit is so huge now. I know logically it can't be something I am doing but sometimes I just get so frustrated and wonder why everyone else seesm to have kids that are sleeping, if not perfectly,...
Oh my god! My DS is impossible! He is 29 motnhs old and the best sleep fighter I have ever known!!! I cannot take it anymore. I need sleep! I need a break! I just do not know what to do anymore. He absolutely WILL NOT FALL ASLEEP unless I wear him in our Ergo and walk him while nursing. I cannot lie him down when he is awake or he will roll and laugh and kick and stay awake FOR HOURS!!!! He has been like this since he was 5 months old. THERE IS NO END IN...
Thank you so much for the support and advice. Today was a little better. It seems that my moving to a room where he cannot get to me (because of a baby gate) works best for the hitting. I have always felt a little awkward with this solution because it feels a little like withdrawing love or requiring him to "behave" a certain way. BUT today I decided to do it and say, "I love you but when you hit me it hurts so I need to move where you cannot hit me anymore. I love...
We have always raised our DS gently and with extremely AP principles. But now he is 28 months old and becoming impossible. He wants everything his way, immediately, and all the time. If anything doesn't go exactly as he wants he has a meltdown. If we do not do exactly what he wants he had a meltdown. If we do not figure it out what he wants within 5 seconds he has a meltdown. When everything goes the way he wants he is a complete and utter sweetheart and...
Signing Time DVDs!!!! http://www.signingtime.com/ They are wonderful. I did signs regularly from a book with my DS from 4 months on and he was just not picking it up. He understood my signs but never did them himself. At 14 months I got some Signing Time DVDs and within a week he was using about 20 signs. He's got oral motor issues and is very speech delayed. So the signing has been such a great communcation tool for him. He's uses about 130 at present (he's 27...
I have not dealt with the issue myself but I am wondering if a temporary solution might be to get one of those air sanitizers that kills mold spores? My DS has environmental allergies and we have been researching air filters and purifiers and I keep seeing these mold killing ones. Something like this: http://www.allergybuyersclubshopping....html?itemId=7 ? I hope you can find a way to move, though. I do not know what I would do in that situation!
Google "Rusty Pipe Syndrome" and see if it fits what is happening to you. That is the only thing I have heard of with regards to blood in breastmilk. If it is Rusty Pipe Syndrome I believe it is common and okay.
Hi, I am working on readin through the enormous thread but it is hard with my high needs toddler. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I was just reading on another thread that daily SA can be bad and it should only be used during illness. I have been giving my DS ( 2 yrs old) daily SA (Hyland's Vit C) for about 6 months now. About 200-300 mg a day. I thought Vit C was safe. I had no idea it could be bad. What exactly might I have done? Have I hurt his...
Quote: Originally Posted by mom61508 Just SA shouldn't be taken daily just for illness. Natural C like acerola or camu camu is fine to take daily. I'm sure it's nothing to fret about but maybe try some acerola powder mixed in water for a daily supp Thanks! I am trying to wade through the enormous SA thread. It's just hard with my high needs toddler to find time to read anything. I am worried I have hurt his health in some way by giving him...