or Connect

Posts by beingmommy

please delete
I started doing signs when my DS was 4 months old. I did "milk", "All done", "mama", "dad" and "more". He still was not signing at 14 months. He understood when I signed but he did not sign himself. THEN I got some Signing Time DVDs (http://www.signingtime.com/) and in two weeks he was signing like crazy. He now uses over 100 signs (he's 2).
Quote: Originally Posted by mamafish9 Namaste Foods and Enjoy life both produce their foods in gluten and nut free facilities, so I believe they would be safe (I'll leave it up to you to be sure, we don't have ana nut allergies). And then I will drool, I can't do chocolate, my guy reacts to that . Thanks, Mamafish, I will ahve to call them and find out about sesame. I don't see anything on their site about sesame. It's clearly not a main...
I am very much wanting to rehome the animals. My DH less so but we are talking about it. I just think DS will feel better if they are gone. It's only been two weeks since we found out about the food and animal allergies so we are still spinning a little from it and trying to figure out what to do about everything. I do love the animals but DS has to come first, for sure. It is possible that my DS has some other intolerances lurking. But I think he nurses alot too...
THanks for the info! Changingseasons, thanks, I had not thought about there being larger amounts of an allergen also present. That does give me something to think about. Kjbrown, my DS nurses about every 2-3 hours at night. He use to nurse more. We are definitely finding that he has food allergies (gluten intolerance/celiac, severe peanut/sesame/treenut allergies). As for other food intolerances, it could be although I have never noticed a definite rection to...
My DS is 2 and was just diagnosed with sesame and peanut allergies and we were told to stay away from tree nuts as well. He is a very picky eater and still is mostly breastfed (nurses at least once an hour). We are not feeding *him* anything that is manufacturered on equipment that also manufacturers any of his allergens. BUT, can I eat a small amount of something made on equipment that also manufacturers them? Or could traces of traces end up in my breastmilk?
I am wondering this myself. My DS was diagnosed with gluten intolerance last fall. Me too. We may have celiac but not sure yet. HOWEVER, the gluten intolerance, which use to make me sad, is now an absolute walk in the park compared to the peanut/sesame/tree nut life threatening allergies we just found out my DS has. Now I live in fear of the next reaction and whether the epipen will be enough. And he has three of the least outgrown allergies so the chance that he'd...
AND not manufacturered on equipment with peanuts/tree nuts/sesame? My DS is nearly two and he's gluten intolerant and just been diagnosed with severe sesame and peanut allergies. We are to stay away from tree nuts too right now. I cannot find any gluten free flours that are free of everything. Bob Red Mill's are all manufactured on equipment with tree nuts. It's so frustrating. Anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks for the info! I did call our allergist and they said he was small but it was completely okay to use the EpiPen Jr. It reminds me of earlier this month when my DS was in the hospital with a bad resp. virus. He was given more abuterol than I thought was possible but the docs said it was fine and he was fine. It would be nice if they could create am epi-pen infant, though, just for complete safety.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hedwig_Fly OP - Since your LO is only 2 - Did you see the post around here about the Epi Pen Jr and weight limitations (meaning if you child is under a certain weight it could be dangerous). I don't want to scare you anymore than you already are - Lord knows I would be a lunatic - but I wanted to make sure you have seen that information. Last thing you need to happen is a terrible reaction on top of a terrible reaction. ...